Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Feb 25 Obs/disco

CoastalWx

Good all frozen here

Never thought you had much to worry about.....this reminds me of alot of the Feb\March 2007 events, aside from the one 10" event in Feb 2007 that trended into one larger event, from a two-parter....that was colder.

The storm track shifted N throughout the course of that season and many of the Feb-March events were like 1-4" for alot of sne, prior to the flip.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never thought you had much to worry about.....this reminds me of alot of the Feb\March 2007 events, aside from the one 10" event in Feb 2007 that trended into one larger event, from a two-parter....that was colder.

The storm track shifted N throughout the course of that season and many of the Feb-March events were like 1-4" for alot of sne, prior to the flip.

I think you are thinking of 2008, not 2007.

I locked it because I can :lol:

Obviously if I actually had anything riding on i like alot of you guys, then I would have been more cautious.

Hope everyone remembers this the next time someone pulls the 'ole "how will we triple point without a high" card....the question should be why WON'T we triple point, or get squashed over the cp.

There's no real triple point. It sort of jumps a bit over the PA mtns and slides over ern/se mass....almost becomes like a frontal wave. I'm not being picky..lol, but there's a little bit of a difference.

I locked it because I can :lol:

Obviously if I actually had anything riding on i like alot of you guys, then I would have been more cautious.

Hope everyone remembers this the next time someone pulls the 'ole "how will we triple point without a high" card....the question should be why WON'T we triple point, or get squashed over the cp.

There's no real triple point. It sort of jumps a bit over the PA mtns and slides over ern/se mass....almost becomes like a frontal wave. I'm not being picky..lol, but there's a little bit of a difference.

ORH is nearly still isothermal snow at 15z on the NAM...certainly just N of here in the Princeton/Hunchback Dave are is...with nearly 0.50" of liquid equivalent fallen through that time. Definitely have to watch for those northern hills toward Monads to get a pretty nice little plastering before any flip.

notice my snow continues to decrease as snow in parts of MA continues to increase.

this is not a surprise, and again illuminate why snowfall anomaies are consistent and stick out like sore thumbs at the end of any given year.

IMO, always hedge a forecast towards seasonal trend, especially if the models are at odds.

On the NAM, I may/may not get the 32* line here at 18z before it slides back to the SE. Don't know if that matters a rat's patute wrt to p-types due to what's going on aloft.

Thanks...I tried to put something together that would make it easier to zoom in different regions and make it easier to read subtle changes from run to run. Hard to do this with the e-wall or NCEP graphics.

Excellent job, not only the NAM/GFS model but the other resources on your site really do a great job of pulling what I normally would have open in 3-5 tabs all into one page. thanks! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Usually i don't have to, But i am on the fence with coastals not these types, Usually depending on how far NW the coastal front gets it could be a few miles south or just north of here, I am only about 25-30 miles inland so it can be tough at times, These SWFE are usually good at my location

Usually i don't have to, But i am on the fence with coastals not these types, Usually depending on how far NW the coastal front gets it could be a few miles south or just north of here, I am only about 25-30 miles inland so it can be tough at times, These SWFE are usually good at my location

SWFEs are good for the cp because they can compete with the interior.....we don't get that "coastal stratification" configuration to the gradient because the man determinant of snowfall is latitude, rather than proximity to the ocean.

This is how I beat Will the Thrill in 2008-09.

BED at 15z is actually a hair colder than ORH. It's still milder in the lower levels, but it's possible many areas start out as some snow.

I will never cease to wonder how awesome it would be if we had a 1000' hill in my hood......every summer, I add to the loom pile in the corner of the yeard. :lol:

I'd prob avg about 80"

SWFEs are good for the cp because they can compete with the interior.....we don't get that "coastal stratification" configuration to the gradient because the man determinant of snowfall is latitude, rather than proximity to the ocean.

This is how I beat Will the Thrill in 2008-09.

2007-2008 I lived on SWFE storms here, Thats how i get most of our snows plus clippers and Miller B's we do well, A's not so well...

ORH is nearly still isothermal snow at 15z on the NAM...certainly just N of here in the Princeton/Hunchback Dave are is...with nearly 0.50" of liquid equivalent fallen through that time. Definitely have to watch for those northern hills toward Monads to get a pretty nice little plastering before any flip.

Toss it...

:thumbsup:

Archived