joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 25 Obs/disco

CoastalWx

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's free...you just download the program on your home computer.

Yea, I have BUFKIT at home -

I work in Environmental Science for energy conservation as an engineer - which sounds related but really doesn't have much to do with the weather outside of occasional ingesting climate data and assisting non-Met types with interpretation and so forth. I did once sit with a C-Sharp developer teaching him how to decode METARS once...

Anyway, I probably spend too much time typing away on this site, and emails to my other Met friends from Outlook as it is... If my boss happened into my cubical while I was profiling an event in BUFKIT ...that would look really bad.

Scott, I find this intersting:

18000955559 00714 172006 40009898

24017999468 07414 100610 41009998

30084999670 15512 940412 46000000

36034939129 -2717 983428 29989389

That's the ALB NAM ... shouldn't that be construed as straight up ripper snow storm? That's about 13" of blue impactor there - they don't even have an advisory.

There may be some taint in there from 15z though 20z or so..give or take. I think just north of them is a snowbomb on the NAM.

Yea, I have BUFKIT at home -

I work in Environmental Science for energy conservation as an engineer - which sounds related but really doesn't have much to do with the weather outside of occasional ingesting climate data and assisting non-Met types with interpretation and so forth. I did once sit with a C-Sharp developer teaching him how to decode METARS once...

Anyway, I probably spend too much time typing away on this site, and emails to my other Met friends from Outlook as it is... If my boss happened into my cubical while I was profiling an event in BUFKIT ...that would look really bad.

Oh cool...I understand.

I love how at least half the folks here are from either GC, NH, or ORH county lol. Nobody else cares.

Dom What could save us Is the earlier changeover

Or if the precip stays heavy enough dynamic cooling could keep it as snow.. something interesting to watch none the less.. we are right on the line

When Will doesn't post it speaks volumes

I don't have anything new to add since yesterday. I simply believe we're seeing the shift back toward the track that was most likely all along. Something over SE MA or maybe as far NW as near BOS...maybe a little front end snow for the ORH hills/Monads/Berks and S NH, but then it goes to mostly a 33F rain...with still perhaps needing to eye a bit of marginal icing in the higher terrain. All in all, from a ptype perspective, it doesn't look like a big impact for SNE.

I don't have anything new to add since yesterday. I simply believe we're seeing the shift back toward the track that was most likely all along. Something over SE MA or maybe as far NW as near BOS...maybe a little front end snow for the ORH hills/Monads/Berks and S NH, but then it goes to mostly a 33F rain...with still perhaps needing to eye a bit of marginal icing in the higher terrain. All in all, from a ptype perspective, it doesn't look like a big impact for SNE.

What about backend snow..and the clipper on Saturday night?

What about backend snow..and the clipper on Saturday night?

Backend snow doesn't look like much. Maybe we'll get lucky and see a quick inch somewhere, otherwise its probably a few flakes that maybe give a wet coating.

The clipper on Sunday looks more interesting to me. That could actually give solid advisory snow if it works out well.

These readings are colder than 6 Z, was talking about MPM, Pete, this is a valley location too

http://68.226.77.253...km/NAM_KPSF.txt

Oh I see...you're talking about the tighter thermal gradient on the north side of the low...because the surface low is either in the same location or slightly further northwest.

Backend snow doesn't look like much. Maybe we'll get lucky and see a quick inch somewhere, otherwise its probably a few flakes that maybe give a wet coating.

The clipper on Sunday looks more interesting to me. That could actually give solid advisory snow if it works out well.

As long as you don't think we soar into the 40's and 50's tomorrow with wind.

I'm hopeful for 2-4..or mybe 3-5 if things broke right for the Clipper

Archived