• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Committed Today

TalcottWx

I today chose Towson University as my school of choice!

As some as you may know it has been a long and painful process that has stretched over two years and has finally come to an end.

I waited past signing day due to the lack of immediate options that were places I wanted to play. I decided to reach further out by email in the past couple weeks in order to find some schools that did not know about me. Worked out great.

I got a random call from Towson 2 weeks ago for the first time and they were excited about my tape and once we worked out some ncaa logistics we scheduled a flight down for yesterday afternoon.

We arrived last afternoon and we were impressed with the campus, and academic buildings. However, the weight room, locker rooms, and fields are absolutely brand new and state of the art. It is all due to a new staff on board that has replinished football resources and made the university a football school. They are dumping huge sums of money into what was a disaster of a program. Now the team is a model for under armour and has a special deal to test all their equipment for them before anywhere else in the world. We got a VIP tour of the under armour facilities today!

All these awesome things plus the city of baltimore and a full academic ride in hand at a great school made my decision easy at the lunch table. I will be studying communications for an eventual focus in sports journalism. I will be signing my LOI papers at my house as they will be waiting for me via fed ex when I return.

I will be graduating out of BA and then off to home for two months at least and then starting the summer semester at Towson July 5th.

Im pretty sure I will have some pretty cool articles on ESPN and other boston papers to post within the next couple days.

However... a total departure from the SNE and NNE realm looks sadly imminent. :(

As some as you may know it has been a long and painful process that has stretched over two years and has finally come to an end.

I waited past signing day due to the lack of immediate options that were places I wanted to play. I decided to reach further out by email in the past couple weeks in order to find some schools that did not know about me. Worked out great.

I got a random call from Towson 2 weeks ago for the first time and they were excited about my tape and once we worked out some ncaa logistics we scheduled a flight down for yesterday afternoon.

We arrived last afternoon and we were impressed with the campus, and academic buildings. However, the weight room, locker rooms, and fields are absolutely brand new and state of the art. It is all due to a new staff on board that has replinished football resources and made the university a football school. They are dumping huge sums of money into what was a disaster of a program. Now the team is a model for under armour and has a special deal to test all their equipment for them before anywhere else in the world. We got a VIP tour of the under armour facilities today!

All these awesome things plus the city of baltimore and a full academic ride in hand at a great school made my decision easy at the lunch table. I will be studying communications for an eventual focus in sports journalism. I will be signing my LOI papers at my house as they will be waiting for me via fed ex when I return.

I will be graduating out of BA and then off to home for two months at least and then starting the summer semester at Towson July 5th.

Im pretty sure I will have some pretty cool articles on ESPN and other boston papers to post within the next couple days.

However... a total departure from the SNE and NNE realm looks sadly imminent. :(

Congrats, Jay!!! That's awesome. I'll see you during the UMass games! I'll recognize you as the lineman looking at cloud formations.

Congrats on your choice! Towson University is a really good school. I know that the university is dedicated to getting their football program up to speed. I've been to several games through the years, as I am a long term Marylander. You'll love playing in Johnny Unitas Stadium---it's a great atmosphere. The campus is in a nice area north of the city and Baltimore has a lot to offer.

Good luck to you!

MDstorm

my daughter is in her 2nd year at Towson in the honors program

you'll find a lot of people from the NE go there, especially from NY and NJ

good luck

Here's some pics I took while I was there...

spankin new Unitas Stadium

24yst2q.jpg

Where I will waste my life away

migo6t.jpg

Our helmets apparel and uniforms

wtzpfs.jpg

Signing the NLI Saturday at TF Sullivans on Beacon St in Somerville

183048_10150121520654873_337066974872_6254175_1787860_n.jpg

Picture with me and my dad and my old football coach and trainer

185692_10150121515019873_337066974872_6254096_4075267_n.jpg

A professional picture of the stadium facing the other way

Football%2092207-072.JPG

Congrats dude, I grew up just outside of towson, it'll be a great experience.. plenty of good nightlife, and an up and coming program. The winters aren't as great as here but being just n of baltimore will usually put in in the path of at least one or two good storms a year plus the occasional ice storm (which you def don't get in southie)

Archived