Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
February 5-6 Storm Threat I

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup--I've been thinking two things recently. One is how long into the year will will have snow on the ground. The other is tied to the tapping of the maples. Those taps will be higher than usual. While many of us are hooked to a tube system, some of bucketed the old fashioned way. Be a chore having to trek through to empty those buckets every day.

I wanna buy some syrup from you!

We catch up with you guys during the warmer parts of this pattern...and we are doing so nicely while you are still getting net gains. This pulse peaks Tuesday and then the arctic is back, and you guys start scoring again. How is the 2nd half of Feb warmup idea doing? I take that with a grain of salt as the pattern would suggest the blocking returns. Maybe we get a little warmup.

Yup--I've been thinking two things recently. One is how long into the year will will have snow on the ground. The other is tied to the tapping of the maples. Those taps will be higher than usual. While many of us are hooked to a tube system, some of bucketed the old fashioned way. Be a chore having to trek through to empty those buckets every day.

Ha-ha, I've seen uncollected buckets six or seven feet up a tree after the snow melts where it was hung at waist height or less...

yeah you're in a good position for this one i think.

Right now looks like W MA - S VT - NH - S ME could see a nice 6 hour dump. Considering the speed of the storm, northeasterly SR flow NW of the mid level low will be pretty decent. I could see a few hours of heavy CCB snows in the region I outlined. Probably a 4-7" event, with maybe some 9-10" lollis. Might be a period of ip/zr that makes it up to rt 2 or even extreme southern NH before winds aloft veer to the northwest. Otherwise mainly a rain / snow situation for the region

Epic Winter of 2010-2011 continues as potential hits abound over the next week and a half at least.... not impressed by the cold air and blocking available Saturday night but we shall see how far south 500mb Vort can trend to make this a decent snow for SNE on the NAM. I was surprised to see EURO trend east last night.

Best potential for SNE appears to be Thursday-Friday next week when antecedent cold will be in place.

------

Meanwhile... NWS issues Winter Storm Warning.... for HOUSTON!

The National Weather Service in Houston/Galveston has issued a

Winter Storm Warning for snow... sleet and freezing rain... which

is in effect from noon today to noon CST Friday. The Winter Storm

Watch is no longer in effect.

------

OT:

Cyclone Yasi, diameter would span over half of US (for comparison, the width of Australia spans Carolinas to California):

Usually its considered garbage, But when it shows snow its the best model out there........ :lol:

I'm not saying it's right, just that the track would be good for many. It's actually a nice snow sounding for BOS at hr 60.We'll see what the euro does. I'm still not a big fan of the overall setup for the coast, but it's all dependent of that vortmax track.

Archived