Newest Member
    12bet1 net
February 5-6 Storm Threat I

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The NAM is not a BM track.

LOL I'd agree the NAM is not a BM track. It's actually over NYC.

the only place in SNE that isn't plain rain is Pete on the 12z NAM...and it's just a ip/zr mix for him. that's a remarkable difference in available products at basically just over 48 hours out.

I wonder if we'll see those differences vanish with the rest of this run? All the other models develop the low in association with the first s/w complex. That's been the case all winter...NAM wants to keep it really tight to the main m/l which kind of seems out of place but maybe with no much real cold in advance it's seeing something this time?

the only place in SNE that isn't plain rain is Pete on the 12z NAM...and it's just a ip/zr mix for him. that's a remarkable difference in available products at basically just over 48 hours out.

I'm usually a pessimist, but I feel as though climo actually favors the low to pop up east of where the NAM is currently depicting.

We get dry slotted with a track over Will or even west...so very little harm done to our roofs or snowpack.

Not sure I'm loving what seems to be a trend NW in the storms lately.

My roof and snowpack are just fine. Maybe 6" on the roof. House is 6 years old and properly ventilated. Gutters/downspouts are clogged but there is not much to do there. About 18" on the ground and I am sure it's pretty bullet proof this AM after the freeze overnight.

That's fine but to say we're all angry is nonsense. I don't care what the outcome is personally.

NAM is on the western edge of guidance presently so take it with a grain of salt.

Definitely not angry, here.

With that being said, I do NOT want to see a rain event, although I don't think that is going to happen for many.

Folks really think the NAM is correct?? With no other model agreeing with it. Ok then .

No, I just think a warmer solution cannot be ruled out for the very reasons WIll gave last night.

It probably is...it's actually pretty close to a very nice solution for SNE. It closes off at 700mb over Ray's head...which I think is the furthest south I've seen a model do that.

It tried to go colder early on...just failed. It's not that far off.

All year the coastals develop closer to the leading s/w's ejecting well east of the main m/l...not sure why this time the NAM isn't going for that like the other models.

No, I just think a warmer solution cannot be ruled out for the very reasons WIll gave last night.

It tried to go colder early on...just failed. It's not that far off.

All year the coastals develop closer to the leading s/w's ejecting well east of the main m/l...not sure why this time the NAM isn't going for that like the other models.

Right...while strong and amplified...the 500mb vort max is close to moving off the coast south of New England at 60 hours...which is further south then the previous run.

Archived