• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
February 5-6 Storm Threat I

Baroclinic Zone

I'm not saying it's right, just that the track would be good for many. It's actually a nice snow sounding for BOS at hr 60.We'll see what the euro does. I'm still not a big fan of the overall setup for the coast, but it's all dependent of that vortmax track.

Yeah scott, Busting balls today, I think it lies somewhere in between, Although the more amped it is the tighter in it seems to want to track

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Normally I hate it..Today i bang it.. It's actually been pretty consistent. I wish it wasn't the GFS though

Well, two models in where any depiction is viewed with skepticism. Let's see how the ENS and the rest of the suite play out.

Looks like the GFS is much weaker with the low as it passes allowing for a slightly further east track. Good trend for the EC's, not so much for the GC contingent.

Well, two models in where any depiction is viewed with skepticism. Let's see how the ENS and the rest of the suite play out.

Looks like the GFS is much weaker with the low as it passes allowing for a slightly further east track. Good trend for the EC's, not so much for the GC contingent.

NAM was no good for you...you want a compromise

NAM may have some advantage with respect to appropriately amplifying downstream ridging in accordance with convective latent heat release. However, one of the differences between the NAM and GFS is the amplitude of the northern stream s/w which acts to squash the southern stream disturbance a bit on the GFS. The northern stream amplitude has been a common seasonal trend.

Definitely would lean toward the Euro, which incorporates both these factors to some extent. Though I might add a bit more NAM in the mix with a more Nina-esque feel.

Archived