Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
February 5-6 Storm Threat I

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the NAM blew some methane from a pile of cow dung in northern illinois and spun up a vort max to yank everything north/west and amped (who do i sound like?)

Decent consistency from the globals on a track around ACK or a little SE - long way to go, many details to be ironed out especially for inside rt 128.

Nice run on the GFS for a lot of SNE. Hopefully its correct.

Will.. whats your prelim guess with this storm??? 6-12? could it keep trending stronger like it has been doing?

Whats funny is that we have a legit miller A noreaster and the board is dead lol... This place would have been going nuts last year. What an epic winter will do to you...

Will.. whats your prelim guess with this storm??? 6-12? could it keep trending stronger like it has been doing?

Whats funny is that we have a legit miller A noreaster and the board is dead lol... This place would have been going nuts last year. What an epic winter will do to you...

Eh, I'm not very comfortable with this system..it will def. favor the interior I think but it could also track too far north like the NAM has it. The long wave setup for this system actually really sucks but we are timing the vortmax and s/w interaction just right to produce a threat anyway.

I was out shoveling. Had no idea it had even snowed until the Dpw plows just came by. Winters starting to get on my nerves...kev does his snowbanks I get my driveway down to bare pavement even if I have to use a torch....was impressed with my work didn't know this snow fell and it's clinging hard to the roads.

10 pounds of magnesium chloride deployed

Talked to Pete Bouchard - +12 at 850mb haulin' a#$ up the Eastern Seaboard? No arctic air to be had in NE....uh, why would one think the Euro and (AM run of the) GFS are right?

Look at the massive 500mb ridge in Florida. Think that's any help? Screams rain inside 495.

He sees this as dynamic fooling vs dynamic cooling... We will see who's right.

Talked to Pete Bouchard - +12 at 850mb haulin' a#$ up the Eastern Seaboard? No arctic air to be had in NE....uh, why would one think the Euro and (AM run of the) GFS are right? Look at the massive 500mb ridge in Florida. Think that's any help? Screams rain inside 495

he did have a caveat, Harvey seems to like the GFS

Archived