Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
February 5-6 Storm Threat I

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NAM sniffing out a trend or NAM on crack ... one can never know<div><br></div><div>Edit: If I had to guess I'd go with crack considering how different it is from the SREFs, Euro and GFS and especially the  way ots GGEM and NOGAPS but sometimes it charges alone and others follow.</div>

something's up, cause the 18z DGEX run was much farther east than that...some sort of inconsistency

NAM sniffing out a trend or NAM on crack ... one can never know<div><br></div><div>Edit: If I had to guess I'd go with crack considering how different it is from the SREFs, Euro and GFS and especially the  way ots GGEM and NOGAPS but sometimes it charges alone and others follow.</div>

Srefs at this range are useless.

The nam providing an over amplified solution at this stage is stunning...what's next Charlie sheens rehab not working this time?

It's possible for a track like that with a trough to the west, but it takes that s/w and keeps it rather potent as it moves ne. Other models move it east and shear it out.

Yeah there's some danger there...the speed of the system should work in our favor, but this type of track was what I was worried about...it has enough room to pull a track like this. Hopefully its just over amplified and not real, but it could be.

I'm being honest haven't even looked at it! Best case it's snow to rain here, worst case a ton more roofs collapse Saturday night. Not good.

Well the plus to it cutting west would be heavy dry slot for sne to hopefully mitigate roof failure but copious amounts for ski resorts. I'd say a track over the BM would be a bigger risk for roof collapse since it would be more QPF over the hard hit areas.

I'm being honest haven't even looked at it! Best case it's snow to rain here, worst case a ton more roofs collapse Saturday night. Not good.

It's actually not that great of a run here. I was being tongue in cheek. :)

Long range NAM...slash and gash the high QPF down...and then it's probably high end advisory or low end warning verbatim. All of the globals will probably be SE and it will probably verify that way anyway.

To be honest this run is too far NW for my liking.:snowman:

It's actually not that great of a run here. I was being tongue in cheek. :)

Long range NAM...slash and gash the high QPF down...and then it's probably high end advisory or low end warning verbatim. All of the globals will probably be SE and it will probably verify that way anyway.

To be honest this run is too far NW for my liking.:snowman:

Did you end up seeing any sleet today?

I had some tiny sleet pellets after the +SN moved out. It probably last 3-60 minutes and then it was just snow grains until the fluff tonight.

I think it was more like 4-60.

I stayed inside during that horror show, waiting patiently for the dendrites to reappear, which they did and continue to do. Is that blob on the radar getting you? lightened up here but looks like it would get you.

I stayed inside during that horror show, waiting patiently for the dendrites to reappear, which they did and continue to do. Is that blob on the radar getting you? lightened up here but looks like it would get you.

I edited my post.

Yeah they're getting me, but I don't want to take this thread OT. :)

Yeah, sleet has the worst sound. Makes you just want to draw the shades and blare music so you can pretend it isn't happening.

Archived