Toothache
February 5-6 Storm Threat I

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CIPS says this storm is a good analog too

http://www.meteo.psu...2007/us1231.php

I have bad memories of that storm...my worst forecast bust of the '07-'08 season...only black mark that season. Trended into a sneaky warm layer that caused sleet to mix in. Also the system had a cruddy precip shield that got worse as it neared us and qpf busted.

Def the opposite of 1/23/06 which was a very healthy looking precip shield.

Darn I was hoping it would be 12-31-08 :snowman:

Its funny how the winter turned epic after the calendar flipped to 2011. Even Boxing Day before the 2011 flip was a mild bust in a lot of spots.

Yeah it is.

I was in Florida for the boxing day storm, reading obs from my hotel room. When I woke up to find my area got "only" a foot, it was the best negative bust of my life.

I didn't want to miss 20" of snow and blizzard conditions. :weight_lift:

Yeah it is.

I was in Florida for the boxing day storm, reading obs from my hotel room. When I woke up to find my area got "only" a foot, it was the best negative bust of my life.

I didn't want to miss 20" of snow and blizzard conditions. :weight_lift:

That was my best storm, but that jackpot zone was very local.

Anybody else think this storm will trend stronger as we get closer? Think about it.. seasonal trend is more stronger with the vortex and northern stream..

1/12 anyone? I wonder what that looked like 72 hours out

This isn't a nrn stream system. It's the leftover energy in western TX right now.

NAM sniffing out a trend or NAM on crack ... one can never know<div><br></div><div>Edit: If I had to guess I'd go with crack considering how different it is from the SREFs, Euro and GFS and especially the  way ots GGEM and NOGAPS but sometimes it charges alone and others follow.</div>

Archived