Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Epic winter signal continues to beam, part IV

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And if they tick north, then probably lower.

We should be able to squeeze 2-4 out minimum on Tuesday, maybe as much as 6" so long as the 18z NAM idea isn't right. The 2nd system I have little faith in for down here....I just don't believe we'll have a handle on that until AFTER this first impulse/weak low moves out and we get a feel for what's leftover in terms of temps, and high to the north.

We better hope round 1 produces here in CT or otherwise I don't think many of us are getting more than 7'' here...might have to significantly lower my 8-12'' for the northern part of the state.

I think round two will start as a couple hours of heavy snow in the northern third of the state before it flips to pellets.

Can you make that a little smaller so we need a telescope to read it? ;)

From his blog earlier today:

Right now, I expect the heaviest snow well north and west of Boston. Around Orange and Keene, NH, 14-20" of snow from Tuesday and Wednesday is possible. 12-18" is possible MetroWest, North Shore, Worcester county into southern NH. Boston will be right on the line with 8-12" just to the south, in northern Brisol and northern Plymouth counties. Southern MA, including the South Shore will receive about 4-8" of snow. Much of that comes on Tuesday with a change back to snow at the end of the storm Wednesday. Cape Cod and the islands will have about 2-6" of snow.

GFS gives me about 1.4" and the NAM about 1.75"....nice.

I buy that.

I think you are in a great spot, man. Latitude will be the key and you have the advantage over most of SNE, while being further east which always helps in these situations. Throw in any ocean enhancement and you've got a whopper.

Time for you to catch up to Kev in the seasonal snowfall totals while CT pings.

We better hope round 1 produces here in CT or otherwise I don't think many of us are getting more than 7'' here...might have to significantly lower my 8-12'' for the northern part of the state.

The differences between the 18z GFS and NAM are laughable for CT especially for round 1. NAM gives southern areas basically no snow and northern areas (with some exceptions) about 3-5". The GFS is mostly snow 10 miles away from the shore and a solid 4-8".

I think round two will start as a couple hours of heavy snow in the northern third of the state before it flips to pellets.

That's what I was kind of leaning towards thinking, I think it might take a bit longer than what the models are showing for the warm air to work in but past history with these sort of events here is we usually change over sooner rather than later. We might be able to squeeze out 2-4'' perhaps from round two...hopefully.

The differences between the 18z GFS and NAM are laughable for CT especially for round 1. NAM gives southern areas basically no snow and northern areas (with some exceptions) about 3-5". The GFS is mostly snow 10 miles away from the shore and a solid 4-8".

I think the entire state gets snow from round 1 and a decent amount of accumulations.

Round 2 is where things become quite tricky and difficult for us. Waiting on the bufkit now.

I think you are in a great spot, man. Latitude will be the key and you have the advantage over most of SNE, while being further east which always helps in these situations. Throw in any ocean enhancement and you've got a whopper.

Time for you to catch up to Kev in the seasonal snowfall totals while CT pings.

I won't get OE...that reaches rt 128, at BEST.

Archived