Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Epic winter signal continues to beam, part IV

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No need to fight about this one. Almost everyone does well with this kind of storm. I'm glad it is colder so that Kevin, Jerry, Scott, Ginx, Will etc have a chance to go historic this winter. For Bob to me mostly frozen all the way down there is awesome...hell even the Cape gets into some fun! Meanwhile up here in the not too far north we benefit from better ratios via deformation even if qpf is a little lower. HPC btw, hasn't reduced qpf at all right up to Jeff?Dryslot. And even NNE is getting a good snowstorm which they need. Eric does well, Jeff does well... Well maybe not all the way up Toot's fanny....but pretty far north.

All for one and one for all!

No need to fight about this one. Almost everyone does well with this kind of storm. I'm glad it is colder so that Kevin, Jerry, Ginx, Will etc have a chance to go historic this winter. For Bob to me mostly frozen all the way down there is awesome...hell even the Cape gets into some fun! Meanwhile up here in the not too far north we benefit from better ratios via deformation even if qpf is a little lower. HPC btw, hasn't reduced qpf at all right up to Jeff?Dryslot. And even NNE is getting a good snowstorm which they need. Eric does well, Jeff does well... Well maybe not all the way up Toot's fanny....but pretty far north.

No complaints here Mark. It's all good. whatever falls. I'd like to minimize the amount of rain, if possible.

north baby, north

This.

I do agree with what Will said in the other thread... I think a lot of folks on the mix line, may not necessarily go over to all sleet, but snow growth will likely take a big hit with the warm air at H7. It might not be sleeting but snow grains and putrid snow growth will likely occur north of the sleet line for a time. But given model QPF of roughly .1"/hr, you could still be pouring snow grains or needles.

No need to fight about this one. Almost everyone does well with this kind of storm. I'm glad it is colder so that Kevin, Jerry, Scott, Ginx, Will etc have a chance to go historic this winter. For Bob to me mostly frozen all the way down there is awesome...hell even the Cape gets into some fun! Meanwhile up here in the not too far north we benefit from better ratios via deformation even if qpf is a little lower. HPC btw, hasn't reduced qpf at all right up to Jeff?Dryslot. And even NNE is getting a good snowstorm which they need. Eric does well, Jeff does well... Well maybe not all the way up Toot's fanny....but pretty far north.

Its is looking good Mark, We may not be in the jackpot, But i don't quite have that fetish that others have, I will just take the snow that we get to add to our snowpack to keep sledding season moving along..

what are the chances KCON gets more than 1" QPF?

if you believe the Euro, GFS, Nam, SREFs, etc, then I would say they are quite good. The question is ratios. Dendrite/Brian and Scott, think we have a shot at deformation snows which are high ratio. 12+ is looking good at this point....but do we get a shot at 24? That is the question...with deformation someone up this way has a good shot at 2ft.

Archived