joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
SNE Obs and Banter

moneypitmike

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was a different thread I get so confused, what a disaster separate threads are. If joe blow wants to find posts by mets quickly then he can scroll like we all do.

:lmao:

I must say I get confused sometimes... I'll post something in a SNE thread that was meant for a NNE thread or I'll see a quote and think I'm in a different thread.

I'm not sure what's better... 6 threads with 5 new pages of posts to read in each... or 1 thread with 30 new pages of posts.

:lmao:

I must say I get confused sometimes... I'll post something in a SNE thread that was meant for a NNE thread or I'll see a quote and think I'm in a different thread.

I'm not sure what's better... 6 threads with 5 new pages of posts to read in each... or 1 thread with 30 new pages of posts.

Current method better, imo ... though I have to look at the thread I'm in before I post 'cuz I don't want the iron hand of Will beyotch slapping me.

Tree is up, waiting to be decorated. Drove 35 miles to try and cut down a tree...only to see sh*t trees left. So, we bought ours at a farm stand, but had to take the back roads home. Didn't trust the rope holding on the highway.

This has nothing to do with weather.

Oh wait... we are in the banter thread.

Carry on.

:lol:

Boston Globe headline tomorrow... "Man on tricked out lawnmower was killed on I-93 when Christmas tree flew off roof of vehicle in front of him."

Yeah, right now this method is ok...but come serious threat time, I liked the superthreads better.

I think that is the time that the mods want separate threads the most... the problem is no one wants to post "just observations." You want to post discussions, observations, musings, and banter all at the same time.

No one wants to click on the observations thread to write...

"29.3F -SN, 1.5" NEW "

Then running to a model discussion page to say...

"H7 low looks to track 8.75 miles to my southeast. I'll avoid the dryslot."

Then clicking on the banter thread to say...

"Four more chipmunks fell through my ice trap and drowned, heavy, heavy snow on the way."

Its easier just to read all of that in one post, such as:

32.4F with light sleet. Bourne Rotary cam shows no accumulation but there's a trace of ice on NE facing blades of grass.

NAM chopped QPF as expected... look for this to continue on the 12z runs.

Kevin is brutal for killing chipmunks in the winter. Just put 10W-30 motor oil in my lawnmower and it seized up immediately.

I think that is the time that the mods want separate threads the most... the problem is no one wants to post "just observations." You want to post discussions, observations, musings, and banter all at the same time.

No one wants to click on the observations thread to write...

"29.3F -SN, 1.5" NEW "

Then running to a model discussion page to say...

"H7 low looks to track 8.75 miles to my southeast. I'll avoid the dryslot."

Then clicking on the banter thread to say...

"Four more chipmunks fell through my ice trap and drowned, heavy, heavy snow on the way."

Its easier just to read all of that in one post, such as:

32.4F with light sleet. Bourne Rotary cam shows no accumulation but there's a trace of ice on NE facing blades of grass.

NAM chopped QPF as expected... look for this to continue on the 12z runs.

Kevin is brutal for killing chipmunks in the winter. Just changed the oil in my lawnmower.

If people want to just banter a bit and throw in what a model run looks like and mention its snowing, then that is what this thread is for.

The model.analysis type thread is for actual serious model talk that gives more than "GFS sucks" and then nothing else. Super threads are good for people who spend a lot of time on here and can keep up with them...however, for those who were out all day or just want to log in to find the latest analysis on the situation, super threads are awful because they have to dig through 27 pages of weenie jokes and banter to find anything relevant.

That was the point of separating the topics out in sub forums. People are in no way obligated to post what their own opinion of a model run is in the model thread...you can feel free to post it in the obs/banter thread. But I'll be posting more thought out and longer posts in those threads so its easy to go back and find them.

If people want to just banter a bit and throw in what a model run looks like and mention its snowing, then that is what this thread is for.

The model.analysis type thread is for actual serious model talk that gives more than "GFS sucks" and then nothing else. Super threads are good for people who spend a lot of time on here and can keep up with them...however, for those who were out all day or just want to log in to find the latest analysis on the situation, super threads are awful because they have to dig through 27 pages of weenie jokes and banter to find anything relevant.

That was the point of separating the topics out in sub forums. People are in no way obligated to post what their own opinion of a model run is in the model thread...you can feel free to post it in the obs/banter thread. But I'll be posting more thought out and longer posts in those threads so its easy to go back and find them.

I understand the point of separating them out... the super-threads do not make you actually think before you post because that post will be a few pages back in 20 minutes. And they also make it so people with meaningful things to add, may not take the time to write it out if it'll be buried after one page refresh.

There's just something old-school SNE about the super-threads... I'm pretty sure the New England crowd pioneered that type of posting on these forums. But you are correct... there are plenty of storms I remember just showing up half-way through and wondering whats happened so far, and you can never catch up because posts are coming in just as fast as you are reading them.

The GFS does suck.

Archived