joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
SNE Obs and Banter

moneypitmike

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was pretty darn cold today and quite breezy as well, walked over to the bank this afternoon around noon in just a light jacket and I froze to death. I came home then went online and saw it was only 41F out. Added on a sweatshirt. The one thing I hate this time of year is coming outside after a Wolf Pack (well as of tonight Whale) game...so freezing out and usually breezy and either walking to my friends car which is like a 5 minute walk or waiting outside for the bus.

enter MRG comment about how hes outside all day and kids these days are inside too much.

enter MRG comment about how hes outside all day and kids these days are inside too much.

:lol:

I can't stand the cold...AT ALL. Unless it's snowing out than I'll take it. Remember the event a few weeks back where some of us received some snow? Well I had my bedroom window open and was hanging out my window and everything...didn't even feel the cold. Then after the snow stopped I realized how cold it was so I had to shut it.

Tis true. The way the Falcons played tonight against Norfolk would drive anyone to drink. On the other hand they did beat the best team in the division last night up in Portland.

That's b/c the Falcons suck. Well finally for you Springfield fans they ditched the Oilers and went to the Jackets, now maybe for the first time in 1000 years the Falcons might finish higher than last place.

I hate going to Springfield to watch the Wolf Pack play (and I can say Wolf Pack b/c they haven't gone to Springfield as the Whale), the fans are such douchbags, I almost always get into fights up there, my brother went up twice this year so far (I haven't, since I don't work right now I don't have the money to spend on tickets) as have some Wolf Pack friends and they said Falcons fans are even worse this year.

Tis true. The way the Falcons played tonight against Norfolk would drive anyone to drink. On the other hand they did beat the best team in the division last night up in Portland.

Don't really follow the pirates So if Springfield beat them congrats, Follow the parent clubs.......Although we have the Lewiston Maniacs here in the QMJHL

Don't really follow the pirates So if Springfield beat them congrats, Follow the parent clubs.......Although we have the Lewiston Maniacs here in the QMJHL

Portland usually has some pretty solid teams, they are second in the Atlantic division, if the Falcons were still with the Oilers they probably would have lost :lol:

:lol:

I can't stand the cold...AT ALL. Unless it's snowing out than I'll take it. Remember the event a few weeks back where some of us received some snow? Well I had my bedroom window open and was hanging out my window and everything...didn't even feel the cold. Then after the snow stopped I realized how cold it was so I had to shut it.

That's b/c the Falcons suck. Well finally for you Springfield fans they ditched the Oilers and went to the Jackets, now maybe for the first time in 1000 years the Falcons might finish higher than last place.

I hate going to Springfield to watch the Wolf Pack play (and I can say Wolf Pack b/c they haven't gone to Springfield as the Whale), the fans are such douchbags, I almost always get into fights up there, my brother went up twice this year so far (I haven't, since I don't work right now I don't have the money to spend on tickets) as have some Wolf Pack friends and they said Falcons fans are even worse this year.

Can't complain about 7 the Calder Cups that Springfield has seen since the 60's.

And after last Jan, Last thing we need is a retrograding low, You guys down that way actually got snow and we saw rain here being infiltrated with maritime air........

Haha, I didn't get more than an inch at best. I get shadowed by the Litchfield Hills terribly on a NW wind. Two retrograding lows in the span of a month...seems unprecedented. :unsure:

You need a Moneypit Makeover. Get an avatar that is worthy of your hill-country status!

Classic, Dave. And done.

Intrigued by the challenges of the period after Friday. Fun times after flood times???

First teens over night--got to 19.9 before bouncing up to the current 22.7/9. Looks like everyone (at least out west) bumped up. Looks like there's some broken clouds above. At least I finally broke the teen cherry. (oh----that just sounds wrong!!!!)

Just got back from visiting my mom down in southern RI (Jamestown). Drove past Wa Wa just to see the snowmaking from Rte 140 - Nice!

Then, much to my surprise, we had a coating on some of the surfaces here at home.

Whoo-hoo! Get to add another T to the sig.

WaWa... why are they wasting their money? Did they actually hold onto the stuff that they blew earlier?

Mike--what is the plan at the B'east?

I honestly don't know. We're ready to go, but are waiting for sustained cold. I would ASSUME that we start blowing later this week, but you know what they say about assuming....

There was a pretty good coating there yesterday afternoon when I left shortly after 4... If it hasn't completely blown away, I'm tempted to hike and ski some rocks, grass, weeds, and snow. Just for laughs, of course!

BTW have you seen our Wind Turbine yet? You can see it well before Crab Apple, which is NUTS!

I honestly don't know. We're ready to go, but are waiting for sustained cold. I would ASSUME that we start blowing later this week, but you know what they say about assuming....

There was a pretty good coating there yesterday afternoon when I left shortly after 4... If it hasn't completely blown away, I'm tempted to hike and ski some rocks, grass, weeds, and snow. Just for laughs, of course!

BTW have you seen our Wind Turbine yet? You can see it well before Crab Apple, which is NUTS!

I haven't seen it yet. I'll see if I can take a ride by today. The prospect of "seeing a windmill" may be enough to pursade my daughter to get in the car.

Well, light enough to bundle up and take a walk out back. How much weight will the pond support is the question of the morning. lol

I haven't seen it yet. I'll see if I can take a ride by today. The prospect of "seeing a windmill" may be enough to pursade my daughter to get in the car.

jsut so you know... the blades went on on Monday, and it will start spinning later this week as they run diagnostic tests. So, it's up, but not spinning right now. (don't want to dissapoint!)

Of course, you could always take a drive up the back and see it up close! Well... not too close, but pretty damn close.

Archived