• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Winter Storm FAIL next week

Ji

Maybe somebody here can answer: Wasn't there a post yesterday, can't remember the thread, where it was stated that a data recon flight was requested and sheduled with the Tues storm in mind? Didn't it also say that this info would first show in the models by 0z and 12z sun? Anybody know? And any guesses why the sudden change in the GGEM?

Yep

http://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php?/topic/11326-winter-storm-fail-next-week/page__view__findpost__p__386894

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3 rain storms on the euro :(

Now we enter the race against time the season. Feb is a short 4 weeks. Sure we can get snow during the first half of March but it has been proven to be very elusive and it's tough to stay cold afterwards.

Maybe this year will give a good solid March dumping? Nina's have their strengths around here right?

@Randy - I'm more than happy with that storm. Anything else in my mind is bonus. If this one fails who cares I had boatloads of fun with this last storm.

What? Are you on prescrips??

j/k- it was a nice release of pent up snow depression. Too bad we can't just pile it on like NYC. Either way, were just one decent storm away from climo totals. Hardly anyone expected that this winter. I think the hardest part of this winter is that it has been just plain cold for weeks on end with little precip. It's one thing when it's a torch but all that cold with only one decent storm really grates on the nerves.

What? Are you on prescrips??

j/k- it was a nice release of pent up snow depression. Too bad we can't just pile it on like NYC. Either way, were just one decent storm away from climo totals. Hardly anyone expected that this winter. I think the hardest part of this winter is that it has been just plain cold for weeks on end with little precip. It's one thing when it's a torch but all that cold with only one decent storm really grates on the nerves.

Forgive me...I'm high on having a warm house again :thumbsup: .

Definitely took away a little of the bite from the Dec 26th storm. I mean don't get me wrong if this one finds a way to give us a win I'm all for that but I'm content at this point.

Actually, I'm somewhat serious. If the new data doesn't help (which is a slim to none chance and a weenie lifeline at best anyway), then it really will be telling tonight. Telling us to bail hard.

Like others have said, the lag energy might spark something, although its a bit warm on the Euro verbatim.

Now we enter the race against time the season. Feb is a short 4 weeks. Sure we can get snow during the first half of March but it has been proven to be very elusive and it's tough to stay cold afterwards.

Maybe this year will give a good solid March dumping? Nina's have their strengths around here right?

At DC Mod/Strong Ninas before this have about 32% of their 3"+ snowfalls in March, and the same for Jan (tho we added another this yr). On the whole it's 31% Jan, 30% Feb, 18% Mar. Of course the sample sizes difference is quite large so who knows if it's as meaningful as it looks.

Actually, I'm somewhat serious. If the new data doesn't help (which is a slim to none chance and a weenie lifeline at best anyway), then it really will be telling tonight. Telling us to bail hard.

Like others have said, the lag energy might spark something, although its a bit warm on the Euro verbatim.

this storm never looked that good after the first few runs that were interesting.

At DC Mod/Strong Ninas before this have about 32% of their 3"+ snowfalls in March, and the same for Jan (tho we added another this yr). On the whole it's 31% Jan, 30% Feb, 18% Mar. Of course the sample sizes difference is quite large so who knows if it's as meaningful as it looks.

as diff as this NINA has acted, I don't think one can rely on the past NINAs at all

this one certainly has a mind of its own

Archived