wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Winter Storm FAIL next week

Ji

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did I say I was going to wait until 0z Monday to bail? I mean 12z Saturday, my bad.

Lets at least wait till the energy gets into the US. How can you trust models this far out, If you want an all snow event then yea but there is still a major shot at ice.

what is the difference between this storm and the last one. As I recall, the last storm showed a huge amount of QPF then nothing then treded back to what we got eariler this week. I know the 500 level was great for that storm. The good storm, nothing, back to good storm on the models tred seems to be happening again. Or is it different becasue the 500 level set up sucks for this storm?

what is the difference between this storm and the last one. As I recall, the last storm showed a huge amount of QPF then nothing then treded back to what we got eariler this week. I know the 500 level was great for that storm. The good storm, nothing, back to good storm on the models tred seems to be happening again. Or is it different becasue the 500 level set up sucks for this storm?

The entire setup is awful this time.

what?

wrong..

the 500mb is probably as bad as you can get for a snowstorm in DC

The gfs looks like it will still be a much colder solution than the euro and nam so even though I'm not impressed that means little. The gfs could be right so there still is ice potential. A more sheared solution would offer that option.

i wouldnt say much colder solution. In the end, it barely gives us any more frozen than the other models. Give this one up Wes...were done

The gfs looks like it will still be a much colder solution than the euro and nam so even though I'm not impressed that means little. The gfs could be right so there still is ice potential. A more sheared solution would offer that option.

The 12Z GFS looks super warm to me. I see little but cold rain followed by warm rain.

During an interval of only 36 hours, the strong surface low moves from

Brownsville, Texas to Montauk Point, Long Island.

It is worth while looking at the 300 mb loop within the 12Z GFS; put it on animation.

It is as if the Jet Stream is coiling up like a Cobra and then smacking the Mid-Atlantic;

an intensive jet max develops over the East Coast.

There is no denying this warm up of a storm. We would get a nice

snow if there were a way of keeping the surface and upper lows

from crossing Martinsburg, WV during their quick journey.

This is going to be an awful week to get stuff done at work. No way I buy for one second the warm-up show on the NAM and GFS with such high pressures over the lakes and NE on Tues and Wed. That HP area has access to bitter cold air and we'd have north winds down the east side of the apps.

The way I see it, three storms:

1) Monday night/Tuesday: a couple inches of snow - especially central / north MD.

2) Tuesday Night Wednesday: Snow to sleet/ZR (a mess)- 700mb LP moves NW of us - We dryslot before it turns to rain

3) Late week: the rest of the energy comes out of the SW: That would be our big snow threat. Surpression would be the bigger stumbling point than ice with this one.

This is going to be an awful week to get stuff done at work. No way I buy for one second the warm-up show on the NAM and GFS with such high pressures over the lakes and NE on Tues and Wed. That HP area has access to bitter cold air and we'd have north winds down the east side of the apps.

1) Monday night/Tuesday: a couple inches of snow - especially central / north MD.

2) Tuesday Night Wednesday: Snow to sleet/ZR (a mess)- 700mb LP moves NW of us - We dryslot before it turns to rain

3) Late week: the rest of the energy comes out of the SW: That would be our big snow threat. Surpression would be the bigger stumbling point than ice with this one.

I see warm/wet followed by cold/dry.

I agree with you on this.

Archived