• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Storm FAIL next week

Ji

as diff as this NINA has acted, I don't think one can rely on the past NINAs at all

this one certainly has a mind of its own

we'll see in the end. i think people focus too much on a week here or there or one thing that does not fit climo. the sample size is so small we don't really know what we're looking at yet anyway. let it run another 100 yrs and we can talk in more concrete terms. i think ninas tend to want to block a bit late .. so that sorta fits into this winter at least.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wtf?

I just checked Euro MOS and it has BWI with .28" qpf all snow before any changeover Mond eve-Tues Morn

why wasn't I notified?

verbatim it drops about .25" with the frontrunner in a stripe across n md including dc./balt.. 850 is moving north pretty good while it comes through tho. but i'd guess northern md gets a few inches on this run.

yeah, but I got the impression that not all of it was snow, but both MOS and skewt say yes all snow

actually, IAD and DCA do almost as well as all snow before the change

it's hard to tell on the maps with 850 moving north but ji said it was ice at iad i dont have text output of the euro

Quarter-inch liquid seems kind of ambitious with the first wave, since the stripe seems to be further north on the other models. Being within 72 hours on the Euro, though, makes it at least worth looking for tonight on the other models.

you're forgetting one of the most important of JI's rules of modelology: When a model gives you snow, hug it.

Archived