Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Winter Storm FAIL next week

Ji

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

watch out for a coastal with left over energy

good catch Ji, I started becoming interested in that with the 12z runs today. Models will have a hard time resolving what comes behind until they can get this first system out of the way, but it has the look of something that could pop if the trough is a little more amplified behind this storm.

Hopefully, this is the warmest run that we see. It is concerning that basically all of the model guidance wants to wrap this low up a little too much and a little too early so that it shoots up between the departing high to the northeast and the arriving high to the west. As PSU said, we need a weaker more strung out low or we need that high to the west to press in sooner.

MDstorm

I'm having flashing backs to last Friday. Wasn't many on this board at this exact same time 7 days convinced that this past Wednesday storm was looking more and more like it would be a cutter? Wasn't The only model showing us getting anything but heavy, perhaps flooding rain, at this stage last week the Euro?

notice that when there is a cutter, the models rarely ever shift. When there is coastal, there are massive shifts on a nightly basis even up to 24 hours before the storm. The Central people have it easy when they are inline for a storm

I'm having flashing backs to last Friday. Wasn't many on this board at this exact same time 7 days convinced that this past Wednesday storm was looking more and more like it would be a cutter? Wasn't The only model showing us getting anything but heavy, perhaps flooding rain, at this stage last week the Euro?

nope..

at this time last week...Euro gave us 6 inches of snow, an inch of rain and 8 inches of snow on the backend

Different setup this time really.. I can't really see this as a comparison to what happened last week...

Archived