Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
January 26-27 Storm Disco/Obs III

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Went out for a ride in Westport and it is crazy out on the roads. 95 had four inches on it and all the town roads had a least six inches on them...not a snow blow in sights, except for the one stuck in a snow bank! Incredible...measured 12 inches new from 2nd batch, on top of 3 inches this morning. Total snow today = 15 inches or so!!!!

Are they good dendrites? Snow growth has been ok, but nothing spectacular. It's getting better, however.

Its perfect dendrites....only detriment is the wind...which is trying to blow them around, but its not strong enough to tear them apart for the most part. We are getting crushed. 2" per hour type stuff. I went from 2.1" to 4" in a little over an hour.

I know :lol: Makes zero sense

Heavy fail on his part.

Kev's a smart guy. Some people must maintain a schedule/sleep to maintain good health. My guess is he long ago figured out he was one of them. I actually kind of admire the rigid schedule he seems to follow.

--

My Ray freak out worked. Turned to all snow, probably heavy but it's tough to judge. I say that because it's blowing 28 here gusting to 45. Snow is blowing around now too.

If I stay out of the dry slot I think the 3-7" will bust pretty low but we'll see.

Tempted to take a video up near the waters edge, my guess is it's gusting 50 there with the 120+ foot incline right on the waters edge. Can hear the waves pounding from here, seas are irrate.

Went out for a ride in Westport and it is crazy out on the roads. 95 had four inches on it and all the town roads had a least six inches on them...not a snow blow in sights, except for the one stuck in a snow bank! Incredible...measured 12 inches new from 2nd batch, on top of 3 inches this morning. Total snow today = 15 inches or so!!!!

I find that number a little hard to buy.

The DOT measurement in Daren at midnight was 7.5"

Kev's a smart guy. Some people must maintain a schedule/sleep to maintain good health. My guess is he long ago figured out he was one of them. I actually kind of admire the rigid schedule he seems to follow.

--

My Ray freak out worked. Turned to all snow, probably heavy but it's tough to judge. I say that because it's blowing 28 here gusting to 45. Snow is blowing around now too.

If I stay out of the dry slot I think the 3-7" will bust pretty low but we'll see.

Tempted to take a video up near the waters edge, my guess is it's gusting 50 there with the 120+ foot incline right on the waters edge. Can hear the waves pounding from here, seas are irrate.

Yeah it's definitely very healthy, he does have a great schedule and follows it quite well.

Wow

...SNOWIEST JANUARY ON RECORD...

...CLIMATE SITE... ...OLD RECORD... ...JANUARY 2011 TOTAL...

CENTRAL PARK 27.4 INCHES (1925) 32.3 INCHES

NEWARK 31.6 INCHES (1996) 32.6 INCHES

LAGUARDIA 27.6 INCHES (1996) 27.7 INCHES

BRIDGEPORT 26.2 INCHES (1965) 34.8 INCHES

ISLIP 21.5 INCHES (2005) 25.6 INCHES

I find that number a little hard to buy.

The DOT measurement in Daren at midnight was 7.5"

I had 9 at 12, another poster had 10.5 at 12:30 in FFLD, we've been rocking 3-4" per hour...it's within the realm of possibility if just taken. I'm still destroying here a little more than my neighbors at the moment.

Wow

...SNOWIEST JANUARY ON RECORD...

...CLIMATE SITE... ...OLD RECORD... ...JANUARY 2011 TOTAL...

CENTRAL PARK 27.4 INCHES (1925) 32.3 INCHES

NEWARK 31.6 INCHES (1996) 32.6 INCHES

LAGUARDIA 27.6 INCHES (1996) 27.7 INCHES

BRIDGEPORT 26.2 INCHES (1965) 34.8 INCHES

ISLIP 21.5 INCHES (2005) 25.6 INCHES

Pretty sick!

I wonder if BDL is the only station in BOX area to do this?

totals around philly generally 12-14 inches... most fell between 7pm-12am tonight... forecasts were generally underdone

i think CT up into C-MA has a shot at similar ranges if not more given where the heaviest bands have set up

interestingly, no widespread thunder/lightning reports from SNE yet as was the case further south

I feel lame that I am too tired (and afraid to wake my son up... and mildly buzzed... and trying to do some work) to go out for a walk. My consolation for those who don't know my setup: I have a wall of 8' tall windows that provide a great view of conditions and make me the authority on visibility. I can say we are easily down to 1/4 now... it's probably more like 1/5 to 1/6. Some day I'll draw it out on Google maps and and create a graphic that looks like a HR chart.

Archived