e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
January 26-27 Storm Disco/Obs III

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The New Hampton-Meredith-Center Harbor line up here has been getting plastered for the last 2 hrs. I'm on the southern edge of the band and getting great snow growth. Maybe the N winds are actually blowing some of that my way.Sanbornton is down to 3/10SM vis at the RWIS.

Dont under estimate that if the snow growth and banding is happening pretty high up there which would be normal on the northern fringe of the banding. It might be getting smoked at like 600mb up there which allows for significant drift.

:lol:

old crackers?

That's because he needs some dam insulation to protect those bones.

I'm pretty confident I have two herniated disks in my lower back, major pain where both are located, plus I have to shovel this storm which won't help lol. I have to fill out some insurance papers tomorrow so it doesn't get cancelled on me then I can make an appt. with a doctor next week.

I'm pretty confident I have two herniated disks in my lower back, major pain where both are located, plus I have to shovel this storm which won't help lol. I have to fill out some insurance papers tomorrow so it doesn't get cancelled on me then I can make an appt. with a doctor next week.

take it easy on the shoveling..

We were having pretty small flakes. Now looks like there was some kind of poultry-based explosion overhead. Finding it hard to believe that we have 3" more than WH considering we had less this morning. Going to go for a walk to make sure my measurements aren't off.

WH? West Hartford?

We didn't have any this morning lol

Total fail on his part. He'll be up in time for things to start tapering off.

Yup

yup....and as we see echos falling off....he will say it is snowing "harder than radar shows" but in all seriousness it looks like he's gonna pull a very high number..... a relative Jpot....he's been getting raked

SW part of subsidence zone filling in a bit.....but still could be much higher rates

128 N belt down to pike West ....subsidence SH$T !!!

ME and ray FTL right now.

No, I think Cape Cod is going to take the FTL award. Or I should say "may". It's 1 am the entire Cape is still toasty, the sleet/snow line is back here still....Not only are they too warm, but they got dryslotted (me too). Double curse. Only thing that could go worse now is an upgrade to a blizzard warning on the cape at which point a solar flare would occur that would instantly vaporize any snow.

RUC says in the next hour it fills in and goes gangbusters for a few hours.... NAM said no not happening....the water vapor shows an awfully interesting dry punch that wrapped back which although it's trying to fill.....suspect that's what caused the NAM to either fart again or get a partial correct solution in thinking NBD down here.

http://www.rap.ucar.edu/weather/satellite/displaySat.php?region=ALB&itype=wv&size=large&endDate=20110127&endTime=-1&duration=6

I've had my Ray moment, RUC has been good all day for the most part, have to trust it. Otherwise tons and tons of pissed off kids in SE MA/Cape Cod.

Oops. I thought I read that WH had 4 inches or so from the first round. Must have been something else.

Our second round has netted about 6 inches so far (well, more now). Sounds just about right.

Perhaps West Haven? 4 was pretty common down here by early afternoon

yup....and as we see echos falling off....he will say it is snowing "harder than radar shows" but in all seriousness it looks like he's gonna pull a very high number..... a relative Jpot....he's been getting raked

SW part of subsidence zone filling in a bit.....but still could be much higher rates

If I had a ruler I'd definitely go measure, but I don't. The snow here right now is nuts, and kev is just up the road so I'd imagine its somewhat the same here. Why can't he of all people be witnessing this right now? I think we rip for another 3 to 4 hours in all honesty...

Archived