• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
January 26-27 Storm Disco/Obs III

Baroclinic Zone

Dont under estimate that if the snow growth and banding is happening pretty high up there which would be normal on the northern fringe of the banding. It might be getting smoked at like 600mb up there which allows for significant drift.

I think the 0.5deg tilt is about 2500-3000ft above me using a little trig. 950mb winds are over 20kt on the NAM sounding here so there could be a bit of the heart of that band blowing my way under the beam.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's primarily snow in Newport right now....but at this point it's like shacking up with Pam Anderson now that she's 45 instead of 25. All the heavier precip. has moved out of this area and the heavy bands to my west will weaken when they approach. I've endured a lot of busts down here but this is probably the worst bust I've experienced since the 80s. The models with this storm for the past week have been absolutely atrocious. I feel like its 1985 all over again. As Rick Pitino once said....Larry Bird isn't walking through that door....Robert Parish isn't walking through that door...

Archived