amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
January 26-27 Storm Disco/Obs II

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking at water vapor, the explosion of convective cloud tops to the N and NW of the ULL and the latest radar...I have to think that the RUC is going to do pretty well....18z GFS too. Should be a pretty major snowstorm over at least the eastern 2/3rds of SNE if not just about all of it if the bands can hang on long enough in W MA.

<br />He should be prancing and kicking around the house kicking his legs out to and fro like one of those wooden people on a stick that you bounce on your knee...just pounding out the tunes...the thing will have smoke pouring out of it he;s squeezing so hard.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

OMG!!! Funniest post I have read in a while!!!

WTF Thundersleet near Staten Island

There might be pretty heavy amounts NW of I-84 too, its going to be very interesting to follow. There is already clear strong frontogenesis forcing a band to start to develop over W MA/NW CT/SE NY....we'll have to see how it unfolds over the next couple hours. RUC is not backing down on big snows for just about all of SNE over the next 6 hours.

Will, I know one of your pet peeves is people reporting SN as SN+ but I can tell you this is legit SN+. Should bode well for you guys later. Happy to get some thumpage. Beautiful flakes.

Looking at water vapor, the explosion of convective cloud tops to the N and NW of the ULL and the latest radar...I have to think that the RUC is going to do pretty well....18z GFS too. Should be a pretty major snowstorm over at least the eastern 2/3rds of SNE if not just about all of it if the bands can hang on long enough in W MA.

I feel good about my area to be honest

The SPC UA is in, it's south of the 18z GFS with the 540 line, both the NAM and 18z GFS. I don't know how much it'll matter if at all, just pointing out what I thought was a bit more of an east than ENE movement earlier versus the 18z models.

Here's their analysis, note the 540 not really poking above the DE border. The 18z GFS had it well into N DE almost into S PA. Better/tighter aligntment in the vm's might compensate or make it not matter, but it's an ob thread and here's an ob with a map.

We all do great, but you guys and especially Will jackot...Noyes showed an alogrythym for RUC snowfall.

This has been just about the most impossible storm to forecast I've seen in the past 3 years. This is harder than 12/16/07 was. At least we knew we'd get big qpf no matter what in that one.

:lmao::hug::drunk:

whose your daddy, come to big Poppa

Archived