joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 26-27 storm obs/nowcasting/etc

Ian

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank God for the snow blower! This is some of the heaviest snow! About 6.5 to go along with the 2.5 from this morning. Most of the morning snow got knocked down with the mist before the second event changed over. So about 9' total is a great snow for me! Now, I have to deal with the city snow plows piling the snow up in front of my driveway!

What is your temp there? I'm about 10 minutes away, but have 7ish I'd say. My theory is that since I've been hovering at 32.5 degrees for the whole storm, I'm getting melting/compaction whereas since you are a tad north, you might be a crucial half a degree cooler and didn't suffer.

fyi, measuring 8.5 here in centreville

My power has gone out 5 times now. I have seven 100 foot oak trees in my yard and all of the power lines in my neighborhood are above ground. So I think I'm screwed. I've lost my main house internet and am now tethering my cell phone to stay online. I just unpacked my hurricane lamps and tested out the generator. Both fire places are cranking and I'm getting ready to pour my 3rd cocktail. God I love storms...

My son just measured 5 inches of cement out on the deck. I think snowfall will be over by midnight.

OPM announced 2-hour delay tomorrow morning for the Feds. Crap. Was hoping for day off. Bad timing with the storm wrapping up this evening I guess.

Their website still shows the operating status for today. I have not seen an update from the washingtpost or wtop. Do you have a link?

Their website still shows the operating status for today. I have not seen an update from the washingtpost or wtop. Do you have a link?

I am mistaken! It is DC government that is 2 hours. The huge "OPM" emblem on the page tripped me up. Sorry to jump the gun!

http://origin.wusa9.com/news/breaking/story.aspx?storyid=132938&catid=158

Archived