joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 26-27 storm obs/nowcasting/etc

Ian

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only 6.75 on the snowboard at 9PM- the snow is so wet it is heavily compacted. Likely closer to 10" fell total.

One large felled (entire) tree that I need to cut up this weekend, and a blown transformer at the edge of the neighborhood. Likely countless other trees down all around- plenty of snaps.

It looks like Dec 19 along the plowed streets due to the water content that fell. probably 7 or 8: 1 ratios.

if we can get some cold temps tomorrow night, it should glaciate and be around a while with predicted temps for this week

Well that just sucks. Guess you are not going to toggle between 123 web pages. Who was that guy anyway Wow.

This has been really exciting. You guys are the best. Glad I found this place.

My power has gone out 5 times now. I have seven 100 foot oak trees in my yard and all of the power lines in my neighborhood are above ground. So I think I'm screwed. I've lost my main house internet and am now tethering my cell phone to stay online. I just unpacked my hurricane lamps and tested out the generator. Both fire places are cranking and I'm getting ready to pour my 3rd cocktail. God I love storms...

My son just measured 5 inches of cement out on the deck. I think snowfall will be over by midnight.

If you're interested, check out the Route 124 and International Drive Camera on trafficland. It's too funny. Down to light snow here with perhaps 5". Melting with extreme prejudice.

That intersection is bad and backed up on a GOOD day. Holy cow its like the circus clown car act.

If anyone is trying to get home to WV don't bother...MARC is a mess (Power Lines down on the tracks), Rte 340 Into WV from MD is shut down and expected to be for at least another 4 hours (3 Tractor Trailers jack knifed going up hill to Harpers Ferry), Rte 9 is closed from Outside Hillsboro to past the State Line, and Rte 7 is reported to be shut from Just West of Leesburg to Berryville.

Yep! It is definitely a mess out this way! My hubby works in DC and he has said the heck with it and called tomorrow off..LOL Fortunately, he was already off today so he didn't have to try to travel in this mess.

Mitch are you not even interested in the clipper Friday?.

meh, like so many clippers, this one is getting drier as it approaches

don't get me wrong, I'll take anything, its just that the Canadian and GFS were advertising snow storms for us while Euro had a dreaded cutter

now that this season has proven it can snow for us, I'm hoping for some pattern repetition as is often the case

Archived