joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 26-27 storm obs/nowcasting/etc

Ian

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was about to call it at 12" total over an hour ago but snow picked back up and its been snowing steady the last hour, pushing close to 13" now. Its like concrete out there too, its going to be impossible to melt unless we get a true thaw, a day or two around 40 wont do it.

Is that including this morning or just tonight?

some have asked about temps, as soon as the sky clears in a few hours temps will drop fast, probably bottom out around 28 in the city and 25 in the suburbs. This will freeze the slush on roads, morning will be a complete mess. Might be a good day to get "sick".

This stuff is easy to plow though once the cars get out of the way...whenever that will be who knows

Are you serious, it took you 8 hours from Tysons Corner to Leesburg?.

yes...and we cheated. The bus was actually allowed to take the Dulles Access Airport road. There are thousands of car still stranded on the dulles toll road. I was in Tysons for 5-6 hours

yes...and we cheated. The bus was actually allowed to take the Dulles Access Airport road. There are thousands of car still stranded on the dulles toll road. I was in Tysons for 5-6 hours

Damn i am sorry, you have had one S**TTY week. Think on the bright side the Ji storm is only a week away.

i just got home....you think we got 10? it seemed deep but the storm ended here pretty quick. Wonder how much liquid we had?

No doubt it was 10" but it is so heavy who knows what it is now...not much melting going on but compaction is a biotch. We were under the deform band (as usual) for quite some time....that super band started in Western Loudoun and took its time going through here...snow went from heavy to orgasmic then back to heavy. I would bet over 1.50 qpf

No doubt it was 10" but it is so heavy who knows what it is now...not much melting going on but compaction is a biotch. We were under the deform band (as usual) for quite some time....that super band started in Western Loudoun and took its time going through here...snow went from heavy to orgasmic then back to heavy. I would bet over 1.50 qpf

I missed the entire snowstorm dude.....lol..i didnt see one flake fall in the hood except this morning

Is that including this morning or just tonight?

yes, its hard to tell because even up here there was some compacting and I am not accounting for that, and its hard for me to say how much over 12 exactly because I can't find my yard stick and the ruler stopped being useful a couple hours ago. I am estimating from where I shoveled and how much new snow fell there the last few hours. I would probably say I finish with 14 but it could be as high as 15 if I wanted to account for compaction. My 1000 feet elevation helped a lot I am sure. Either way I am not that stuck up on a specific number, it looks real nice out there and I am happy.

Archived