-
Posts
2,825 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Blogs
Forums
American Weather
Media Demo
Store
Gallery
Posts posted by tavwtby
-
-
11 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:
Just watched this on my TV. Stream it on your Firestick Roku. Unreal long fetch through many tide cycles on dunes severely damaged by Ian. Anyone who has driven on Daytona Beach can relate.
my family hae property in Daytona Beach shores, about a mile from dunlawton, where that deck and lifeguard station went in, that entire zea wall was wrecked by Ian and this just put it over the top, lot of high rise condos, very near toppling into the Atlantic, crazy, I've been walking that stretch of beach since I was a kid, I may have to swing by on my way home just to assess the damage next week... crazy
-
41 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:
"Sponsored by the Media!"
sad thing is most people only read headlines of clickbait articles these days and rarely read the article or research the facts of it...
-
3
-
-
so.. after enduring Nicole here, . I leave here driving north up 81 on the 18th, chances I run into wintry on the way home?
-
12 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:
You’re thinking of 2012. Son of Sandy.
ah yeah, knew it was close to that time frame
-
10 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:
Nov 2002, 2004, Nov 2012 i think had a few there, Nov 2014 had a couple events add to maybe 3-4” there. So if you avg it out it’s probably only 1” in Nov and that’s from sporadic storms. Probably due for at least a small event.
what was the last region wide measurable, more than 3", 2018? Didn't we have a decent event in early November 2011, after that freak storm, or do I have the wrong year
-
6 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:
Nicole looks like dung
it's not a cat three or better but no dung, wind field is massive, we just had a 70gust, albeit a local station so data is questionable, haven't looked at metar in a while
-
1 minute ago, WxWatcher007 said:
Nothing like being in tropical. Congrats.
yeah it's rockin outside right now, nice band come through, power flickering a bit
-
35 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:
Danger ahead
nah ..a wee gale, but exciting nonetheless
-
while everyone is focusing on snow that may be there right when I get back, I can say that I was within 20 miles of landfall of hurricane Nicole, stuck in hotel on Juno Beach, high tide at 2115, might have to go see that... latest Dropsonde showed over 62kts from surface up, eye near calm, definitely defined eye now...love this! first actual hurricane for me since Gloria
-
6
-
1
-
-
some decent bands now coming onshore here in Juno Beach, has been gusty all day, but I can hear the surf, will try to get over there tomorrow and pull a cantore and get some video or pics, technically, if she does become a hurricane, would be the first since Gloria for me, Irene, Bob, all the others were TS when they hit my area at least...glad to see it's finally seasonally cool up there, I may be back just in time for snow...
-
2
-
-
-
12 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:
Deep winter in the Bury, coated up.
A pickup truck rolled over near exit 19 on 84, it looked deadly.
is that what that was, I was down in the dirty a bit ago and saw a couple areas of police presence, heavy, watertown ave was shut too, anyway here we coat...temp falling off the cliff
-
12 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:
2003 was brutal. 2004 had some shit days too in May I remember. 2005 had a nasty Memorial Day weekend.
yeah that could have been it, was definitely between 98 and 04 when I was living at an apartment in Waterbury, that much I remember, the next place I lived was an awesome thundersnow storm in Feb in I'm pretty sure 05
-
42 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:
Oh ya….that was a real pair last year. Good shot at it…Memorial Day is very often overcast and cool more often than not.
don't recall exactly what year, early 2000s I think, was literally gloomy and dank like April weather north of Richmond until June, remember driving to Florida that year and as soon as we hit that area, beautiful, two weeks there and on the way back after that spot back to dank, also think it snowed on opening day at yankee stadium too, 02 maybe? that sucked, late leaf out and everything
-
28 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:
That’s pretty cool. Interestingly in CT East of river overall is higher in elevation than west of river .. caveat NW Hills have the highest elevation . Common misconception is there’s only a few small hills in E CT
if you zoom in, you can see the tolland peak!
-
-
Just now, ORH_wxman said:
This is honestly some of the “worst” winter conditions I’ve seen all year. These gusts are easily passing 40 every few minutes and the blizzard outside. Even when it’s light snow the wind is making an awesome ground blizzard.
you still under one of those streamers? those had surprising staying power, and like like they mean business
-
despite radar, it's been light snow here since sundown, nothing like out east but added at least another .2" to what fell today, feels like deep winter out to boot, nice send off
-
rocking the radar back and forth and it almost seems like the NW flow undercut the lift, almost appeared like a meso low was over my area as you can see the circulation... actually lightly snowing again, fluff, and wind blown
-
17/9 and feels like Jan... guess this is it huh, no faith in the end of the month deal
-
1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:
Legit whiteout. Heaviest of winter other than maybe the blizzard
congrats, missed out on that one... I purposely went out to clean the deck thinking one last go, and literally fell apart above my head, ha, this winter I swear
-
it has the feel as if I should be clearing a foot of snow or more out there, but alas...2.4 total
-
that damn band legit fell apart and rapidly intensified east of me, ffs!
-
vis about 1sm in this band...meh


Season's first ...albeit minor, synoptic event late Tuesday in the Mid Atlantic ... New England on Wednesday
in New England
Posted
wife says over an inch in Winsted, everything covered looks gorgeous, still stuck here in FL, they're selling xmas trees next to palm trees while it's 85 just doesn't cut it to me