-
Posts
2,825 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Blogs
Forums
American Weather
Media Demo
Store
Gallery
Posts posted by tavwtby
-
-
maybe I should get back to Florida, only time it actually snowed and accumulated here was when I was there, and now this one is trending towards crapping the bed? be awful to waste such a favorable pattern, congrats NNE folks tho on the last one, still have a few inches otg from the storm when I was gone, but drip drip...
-
savoy coming in almost 20", weren't we talking about that area yesterday as maybe a 30 spot? looks like it could keep going over night there, around Bennington too 16+, about what was progged for that area heavy wet too I imagine..
-
glad to see some NNE folks verified those amounts forecast, major bust here, what 1" of slush we had is now gone, was expecting 6-8, not surprised that sandisfield, Norfolk, North Canaan etc, actually got around 6" last check, amazing, and it pretty much snowed all day, just not good rates and a bit less elevation, heard Stratton got smashed! good for the ski areas, they need it there, hopefully next week doesn't trend similar.good thing we still had a few inches otg so still pretty white around here otherwise would really blow
-
1 hour ago, The 4 Seasons said:
Just saw a report from Canaan, CT of 6.2", wonder what elevation thats from
@tavwtbyany reports from there?
I've only had just about an inch of slop, I heard up towards that way they were in 4-8" range, this was at like 7 though not sure now
-
4 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:
I think snow total forecasts for W CT and S Berks might be a fail. Radar looks real showery.
some parts already picked up a few to even as much as 8", and all around me just higher in elevation is a mess, but I agree no way we pull off even three inches here, top of 44/202 in Torrington has a couple inches otg I've got a slushy half inch
-
sitting at 32/32, SN but slushy accum of a coating, unfortunately all around me is accumulated snow, I think this is going to bust hard here, maybe Norfolk points NW are doing well but not imby
-
17 minutes ago, rgwp96 said:
Wonder what’s going on I just went back to snow in nj after being rain for 3 hrs
this may be a good sign the warmth is getting shunted south? was progged for RN there, yeah?
-
11 minutes ago, CT Rain said:
Still early. Some dry air to overcome still.
now flipping between catpaws and some rain, I have hope, that the rates will help, but not expecting more than a couple here, maybe Norfolk up a little higher will do well, hopefully I'm wrong, ALY and you seem to feel good about it so I'll trust, we'll find out in a few hours when I wake how the overnight did
-
not really happy with the way things started here, snizzle and some flakes, right to rain now, radar would suggest otherwise tho .. we'll see if we stay or flip by morning
-
no sooner than I report sniz, we've got dropped vis, and some actual flakes flying, breeze also slowly intensifying Let's Go!
-
1
-
-
still 35/32 snizzle now, cloud ceiling really lowered though, has that look like main precip starting any moment now
-
1
-
-
Just now, STILL N OF PIKE said:
Definitely my guess for them would be low to mid 20’s
Some town in S dacks on N Catskills May jack but I just threw out savoy for shiats and giggles
that would have been my choice of jack too, and to boot, next week also looks great for them, could have a 48" base for Christmas around those parts, already like 6-8 otg no?
-
1
-
-
4 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:
Any jackpot guesses , anyone want to play that game
Savoy state park- 30” @2400’
yeah that area looks to get hammered, I'd probably take the under on that though, and say 24"
-
37 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:
Coops crushed
I usually put a tarp over it, and part of the run, so they can get out until I clean their area to scratch and peck at stuff, but I leave the snow on the coop as insulation during winter, hopefully they start producing more soon, been molting since early October, now they see white they clam up with the protein
-
1
-
-
35/32 and apparently virga, I expect snow to begin falling any minute here, if not starting as liquid for a while until we wetbulb, but I can already feel it dropping over the last hour from 38, and a bit of a breeze starting, radar looks stout south of LI, we redevelopment? any pressure readings from offshore showing that?
-
5 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:
One thing that makes me nervous (especially with my forecast for northern Connecticut) in the thump zones is the majority of the stronger lift is well above the DGZ. With a marginal profile (well boundary layer), even with the more intense lift it could be difficult to get much snow. Could be dealing with crappy flakes size and horrific ratios. Have to check some bufkit soundings a bit more in-depth but I would imaging ratios could be as bad as like 6:1
was thinking the same, looks better just north with the lift and DGZ, may be looking at hours of sugar here while they pile dendrites up to the kneecap
-
1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:
Beast is going to get a 20 burger I bet....great spot in northern Berks.
would not be shocked, and it looks like back to back with next week... they just all pulled off an 8-10er this past Sunday, good Berk winter of yore, actually lived in Pittsfield until I was like 4, have some vague memories of piles of snow
-
1
-
-
kinda surprised Aly didn't at least extend the WSW to southern Berk cty, if for Nlitch cty... seems they are expecting at least 6" in these areas if not more and guidance supports, any ideas for this?
-
watch up for my hood now, guess the trend is a friend...like Ryan's map, looking good to me, can't help but look ahead at next week though, also new ariens 36" blower arrived yesterday! can't wait to give it a go!
-
berks gearing up for possibly two 16+ storms in a week huh...ALY cutting off the warning snows for this one just NW of my area, this will be one of those where Norfolk gets 6+ and I get 2/3" imby, but hold hope next week pans out, plenty of excitement in the tracking department, much better than last year
-
right on the edge of something special here, will take my couple though, already better than last year

-
Nice little area of 8-9+" around Lenox, Lee and savoy mass area
-
2
-
-
6.4 was the final on the board back home, more than I expected
-
3
-
-
Report from home, now my dad is out blowing and said 5.5, just checked ALY site, Norfolk at 5.5 at 820, and sandisfield the same around 730, still snowing pretty decent he said
-
1
-

"We're gonna need a bigger plow..." Massive, persistent singal now emerges discretely in the models, 20th-23rd
in New England
Posted
so no BM track, but canal runner for 3/4?