-
Posts
2,825 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Blogs
Forums
American Weather
Media Demo
Store
Gallery
Posts posted by tavwtby
-
-
2.12" now, most fell between yesterday afternoon and now
-
gauge at the house reading.63", and wife says nothing spectacular as far as wind, stations around my area saw maybe a few 30+ gusts, meh, it was legit windier on Wed before I left
-
so far at home I've got.31" new, and the highest gust was 28 sustained is around 10-15 but wavering... tonight will be different say from 10 onward.
-
if only this was a couple months later... let's hope we can get a monster or two this winter, with the ENSO placement further west than normal, it's going to be hard for models to get a handle on what happens, and the AK low, NAO, polar vortex split etc, we could end up with a rat or something special, I'm on the fence. I'd like a mild winter winter cold storms, heating bill gon suck if it's cold like last couple seasons...
-
1
-
-
-
-
eversource just texted me saying fallen trees and live wires in the vicinity of my house, wife said lots of sirens etc...its 85-90 and pleasant here (almost daily)in Soflo, I'd prefer home tbh... really don't know how people can live here year round, maybe when I'm a couple decades older I'd enjoy it, I like the change of seasons.
-
my wife said the store was mobbed with ppl buying your typical stuff ahead of a blizzard, they really hyped this up on the news, at least from what I hear, and no canes really this season, had to focus on something. Plus people here noreaster and I think subconsciously think snow storm, aside from the coast it's not that big a deal most of the time, the day before I left was more windy than now, we'll see what later and tomorrow brings
-
1
-
1
-
-
first significant event of the season and I'm stuck in Soflo again for this dame test, looks like it's going to be a fun weekend up there, shit doesn't change here really, I was here for the whole month of August and locals were saying it was the hottest they've seen in a long time, was brutal. wish I was home for this.
-
2
-
-
pretty frequent gusts up and over 30 today, my anemometer crapped out so I'm going off a station down the street but it's making it feel cooler than it really is.
-
man I do miss the smell of rain after some heating, dews got up to near 60, everything falling back now, severe warning near MDT, see if they can stay together for this area.
-
1
-
-
think I've maxed here at 64, was looking at temps in upstate NY, Oswego was near freezing while BGM was at 72F not long ago, crazy swing
-
was decent here high of 54, could have been more but clouds ruined it, and it dropped, then sun came out for a bit again and we spiked back over 50, but clouds again, down to 46 now good melting happening, but still good amount of cover and piles
-
so, I've got to drive to Greenville SC on the 17th/18th and taking I81-77-85, any chance I run into any weather (as it looks now) along my journey? also be returning the 20/21st... thanks in advance for those who dive deep into the LR.
-
1 hour ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:
Leaning towards being shut out this month. Was a great season though.
90/100
Close to perfection if we snowed in March and if were able to generate a 20+ event. Came really close.
two nice events, 15+ here and the cold and pack retention, I mean I still have about 10-15" depending on where in open areas, still piles of 4-5' in spots, probably almost gone this time next week but was a solid winter, didn't make climo yet snow wise yet, about a foot away still.
-
it's gorgeous out honestly, was a mess earlier but everything falling with full sun and soaring temps.
-
52 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:
Temps dropping back in N CT with zr falling . Very interesting
never got above 30 here and it has been liquid for hours now, albeit light but still.
-
1
-
-
35 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:
Let’s get the ice tonight. Torch all of New England and flood. And then lock in for the winter finale mid month.
I'm down, gonna look nice in the morning with everything glazed.
-
1
-
-
maybe the models weren't that far off with the ZR, at least .20" of accretion here, and looks like plenty to go, stuck at 29°...man my deck is a skating rink
-
1
-
-
absolutely pounded paws for about a half hour, not 50/50 SNIP mix, but made an inch, so we stat pad...
-
well if this keeps up I'll make an inch or two, some paws coming down now.
-
27/24 and heavier echoes coming in almost a mixed bag back and forth to snow at times here less than a half inch so far meh
-
16 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:
oh they had plenty of time for that too....they are also on track to be done with school by May 15th, earlier if they want to by doing some extra work each day. They also get mandatory hiking days in the spring when the weather is nice
I homeschool as well but have one that's a freshman at a tech school so when he gets off I give the other one the day off too, but radar looks like a mess, and he hasn't had a full week since before the break, although he did get suspended for some nonsense, however they used to complete all their school work in a couple hours as opposed to all day bouncing around to classes and breaks/recess etc...my opinion there should have been school today, even here I'm close to 32 already and half inch maybe otg
-
down to 7.5° here pretty impressive, actually looking forward to some warmer weather, I have vehicle work to do and the garage is like a freezer, plus the coop took a hit this year, need to get on that.
-
1
-


September Nor'Easter Obvs Thread
in New England
Posted
can't believe this is still spinning around the same area...one of these in Jan/Feb please with some nice cold high in Quebec would be outstanding! looks like probably going to end with 2.2" unless it starts pouring again but looks about done...all the flight disruption is now making me come back very late tomorrow night early Wednesday morning, so that sucks but I kinda expected that.