Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Jan 6-7 Potential Clipper

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not that I am a mod, but this isn't the meltdown thread.

I moved all the rhetoric of the 2014-2015 season to the banter thread.

People should keep this thread about the clipper..as paltry as it may be...that's what this thread is for.

The dampened look ends up benefitting a place like Philly...they don't get dryslotted with the best precip to their north on these weak runs...but the sheared look has trouble advecting any good moisture north.

If this ends up sheared out in the end...then the NAM and GGEM led the way on this one. Funny season...GGEM led the way on the more wound up cutter look for today and then it plus the NAM lead the trend on the clipper. Euro hasn't been doing too well in the D3-4 range so far this season. Not since the T-day system.

If there's reason for any optimism with this one, I've seen clippers come on stronger in the final 36-48 hours before...so perhaps this vortmax will end up a bit stronger. But at the moment, the trend has been the opposite, so we'll need to see the 18z and 00z runs turn the tide.

Moisture starved until the very end on the 12z suite. s/w as modeled is just so sheared it is hard to conceive that it could do more than produce scattered snows.

There's a late attempt for something better which could benefit down this way but it has the appearance of an elongated band of scattered snow showers that aligns NW to SE as it rotates up and out with some prayer of inflow maybe getting going.

Does anyone recall that clipper we had in Jan 04 before one of those brutal cold shots? I had just joined Eastern and I still remember people were fretting over very little qpf . If memory serves me most places saw a couple inches of snow with that. This reminds me of that setup

Yes, it was 1/15/04...it actually gave like 6-8" down in central NJ.

You must take notes on every storm and have a storm archive binder or something.

Nope, no notes.

I just remember storm dates very well. I do archive most radars nowadays from storms and such...but I hadn't regularly started doing that yet back in 2004.

Impressive.

Any rate, is this still worth tracking? Because I'm kind of over it.

That's a personal preference question...some may still want to track it, even if only a coating to an inch..and this thread is where they can find it. Otherwise, those who are over it have the model and pattern threads.

Archived