• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Jan 6-7 Potential Clipper

HoarfrostHubb

Maybe not..but this one will. Anyone that thinks it's not going to snow on Tuesday with a low track like that and thinks partly sunny skies needs to seriously reconsider their hobby

Partly sunny skies?

We can still get little snow without partly sunny skies. I could see this as being overcast and spitting snow showers that are kind of disorganized looking.

My guts still says we probably get an inch or two...but there's no way you can discount an uglier scenario right now. C'mon, you've learned your lesson in proclaiming solutions impossible at this range.

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Partly sunny skies?

We can still get little snow without partly sunny skies. I could see this as being overcast and spitting snow showers that are kind of disorganized looking.

My guts still says we probably get an inch or two...but there's no way you can discount an uglier scenario right now. C'mon, you've learned your lesson in proclaiming solutions impossible at this range.

If it was going to scooter north of us..I would say yeah..it's probably not going to do much other than a snow shower and fropa..But with the low digging and going south..I just don't see how we can't grab some last minute Atlantic moisture..especially with those torched SST's and throw back a couple of inches for everyone. How many times have we seen this where models show little qpf, weenies start saying things look terrible and then the negative posts start pig piling on top of each other and then suddenly an 18z NAM run shows .25 and then the GFS follows etc etc. Hey maybe this is the one time where nothing happens..but my money is that everyone has snow cover Wed morning

If it was going to scooter north of us..I would say yeah..it's probably not going to do much other than a snow shower and fropa..But with the low digging and going south..I just don't see how we can't grab some last minute Atlantic moisture..especially with those torched SST's and throw back a couple of inches for everyone. How many times have we seen this where models show little qpf, weenies start saying things look terrible and then the negative posts start pig piling on top of each other and then suddenly an 18z NAM run shows .25 and then the GFS follows etc etc. Hey maybe this is the one time where nothing happens..but my money is that everyone has snow cover Wed morning

I think you need to understand that if we don't get good southerly inflow, it doesn't matter if this tracks south of us...a sheared out system will have trouble backing the winds to the S and SE in the mid-levels.

So root for a less sheared system...stop focusing solely on track, it's not that simple. IT rarely is in meteorology.

I think you need to understand that if we don't get good southerly inflow, it doesn't matter if this tracks south of us...a sheared out system will have trouble backing the winds to the S and SE in the mid-levels.

So root for a less sheared system...stop focusing solely on track, it's not that simple. IT rarely is in meteorology.

Well rooting as we know doesn't affect the weather..so with that..We're forced to go on past experiences and what SHOULD happen given the setup. Will that guarantee everyone gets 2-4? of course not..but it does give us a good idea that everyone will have snow OTG Wed morning 

Well rooting as we know doesn't affect the weather..so with that..We're forced to go on past experiences and what SHOULD happen given the setup. Will that guarantee everyone gets 2-4? of course not..but it does give us a good idea that everyone will have snow OTG Wed morning 

I'll want to see a stronger vortmax as it approaches the south coast to go 2-4"...it can happen, but right now I'd go coating to 2" based on the information available. Best shot of 2" in far SE areas.

Lol. Scooter melted

Yeah that was a mini meltdown. Prob saw the 12 NAM which is kind of ugly, lol.

But there's no doubt it hasn't trended better. The more sheared look is winning out on guidance. We need the vortmax to hold together. It isn't.

Archived