• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Jan 6-7 Potential Clipper

HoarfrostHubb

In the "what can go wrong" category, the thing to watch for is if this vortmax gets almost completely shredded to the point of the system becaomes mostly just a fews snow showers...we'd lose the better warm air advection to transport moisture into that airmass.

The flipe side is if the vortmax trends a bit better, then we could get a more robust clipper/redeveloper with like a 4-6" type snow...but right now, I haven't seen many runs do this.

what is showing the first scenario.. Anything? Seems like splitting the difference makes the most sense

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what is showing the first scenario.. Anything? Seems like splitting the difference makes the most sense

Yeah the GGEM and NAM show the first scenario...obviously I wouldn't side with those models at this range, but the solutions they show are not implausible.

The GFS ensembles are still largely north of the Op and now north of the euro....the NAM though came south at 12Z and knowing its usual bias at this range I'm thinking the Euro track is fairly close to what this will do...the Euro tends to be dry so the fact its dropping even .16 or so on NYC may be a positive sign for SNE people

In the "what can go wrong" category, the thing to watch for is if this vortmax gets almost completely shredded to the point of the system becaomes mostly just a fews snow showers...we'd lose the better warm air advection to transport moisture into that airmass.

The flipe side is if the vortmax trends a bit better, then we could get a more robust clipper/redeveloper with like a 4-6" type snow...but right now, I haven't seen many runs do this.

I think that is a legit concern. This could become glorified snow showers if it gets shredded pretty good.

Right now I think the safe play is an inch or two. Could be more, could be less.

Taunton thinks Cape and Islands gets 2-4" with ocean enhancement, no blockbuster here like the previous runs of the GFS showed several days ago.

A clipper will never be a blockbuster.

I suspect the models will look paltry heading into this event and come around as we near the day of the storm. I just hope for that track to the south of us we should be golden.

A clipper will never be a blockbuster.

I suspect the models will look paltry heading into this event and come around as we near the day of the storm. I just hope for that track to the south of us we should be golden.

oh man,lots of examples of Alberta Clippers blowing up not this one but not uncommon

Archived