CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Jan 6-7 Potential Clipper

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Through 48 hours the models have a healthy disturbance going through the flow of the eastern US trough, then once it exits the New England or NJ coastline it shreads to pieces? Come on that's suspect.

That is within the envelope of possible solutions. Its been meh-ish for several runs now.

Will mentioned earlier, could just get shredded by the mountains. Totally plausible

Well northern streamers redeveloping are so many are.

The original definition of a Miller B is a storm that has an OH Valley/Apps track that redevelops off the coast. This can include clippers but it's certianly not exclusive to them.

The original Miller paper from 1946:

http://journals.ametsoc.org/doi/pdf/10.1175/1520-0469%281946%29003%3C0031%3ACITACR%3E2.0.CO%3B2

Why is the clipper being canceled all of the sudden?

I mean, as long as you aren't expecting a warning criteria storm, there's some interest in this doing something. It might be 1-2" but perhaps it can be more of an advisory event if things go right.

I mean, as long as you aren't expecting a warning criteria storm, there's some interest in this doing something. It might be 1-2" but perhaps it can be more of an advisory event if things go right.

I am in, 2-4 seems doable. Like the Euro Ens look

The GFS is always dry as a bone with these things, the NAM has support from other high RES models on its QPF, albeit we are not in great range for them yet.

Ok, 1-4".

Hell, go T-4, lol. I could see it as low as a trace...or even 4"+.

It will just depend on how well the vortmax stays consolidated. If it does, it's the type of systme that SNE over-achieves in so often. If it gets sheared too much, then it's just another deep fly out on a fastball down the middle.

Hell, go T-4, lol. I could see it as low as a trace...or even 4"+.

It will just depend on how well the vortmax stays consolidated. If it does, it's the type of systme that SNE over-achieves in so often. If it gets sheared too much, then it's just another deep fly out on a fastball down the middle.

more like a weak ground ball to second because we roll over

Archived