• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Thursday's storm ...Rain, wind, snow and ice?

OKpowdah

I'm really excited for the people up north... this was never going to be much of anything worthwhile here so I'm glad the places up north will be able to cash in. Ski country FTW!

This storm goes to show...can't say it cannot happen a week out. Most everyone said torch for even up north and they're either getting buried or not much if it flattens.

MRG Will and maybe Ray still in the game IMO. In a normal winter that's the line Phil and I walk every storm...funny that this year it's displaced so far NW.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I disagree. We gave meteorological reason why it could come north, but only to a point. However, it still could be enough to screw many of snow and give them more ice or rain.

Some of the members may have just been pessimistic, just to be pessimistic...but the funny thing is that there is a reason why people are pessmistic and it ties to some things that have been a continual cycle in this winter. Southern stream systems with no blocking have come north.

You shouldn't disagree because first of all, I'm speaking to those exact types of posters.

Secondly, let's wait until anything has verified.

I think you guys get dumped on with upslope too immediately folllowing the synoptic snow.

The spoke swinging around the base of the amplifying trough has potential, too. I can see that being a quick 3-5 lollis to 6+ in the mts, esp. with higher ratios.

That thing bears watching for the CP if it can swing a bit further south and do a quick pounce on the baroclinicity... speaking of which, how are the SSTs? Well above normal?

BS!

the only thinng you saw coming was a wanton disregard for Meteorological reasoning in lieu of the weird popular voice going on around here to abuse your selves with this neurotic nit-picking and find reasons to be negative for snow.

The 00Z Euro could easily have come in more in line with the previous run, then what would have? Nothing...

It's not over yet - either. I'm trying to be objective about this. As I said, I don't have a clear vision/feel for this, but that doesn't discount a colder solution verifying on the whole. But see? It's presumptuously rushing to a conclusion that hasn't happened yet.

Come on!

There is no bullshi*

Your point is valid in certain cases but your definitely not right in this case. There was never a prayer for anyone outside of the interior. Never a consistently modeled threat for a good amount of SNE. Nothing to ever be locked in or considered trustworthy. This setup blows for many.

From my perspective, expectations are miniscule this winter. This was supposed to be a mild rain until about 36 hours ago when the Euro got colder. So if I can get a few inches of snow followed by sleet and fzra I'm cool with that. I think from here east to MPM and the Hubb, we could attain that... Let NH and ME have their warning event maybe ...that was probably never on the cards here.

Yes and it could still come a little more north. You'll still get an impact, so enjoy.

Archived