• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Thursday's storm ...Rain, wind, snow and ice?

OKpowdah

i think that is despair talking.

how can anyone really believe that? not reaching 5" is out of the question. it isnt realistic.

and it is jan 10! use all of the models you want, it is impossible to accurately predict the next 2-2.5 months.

Yes I would agree. But we have had winters in the 10 inch range at BOS. Why won't this be one of them or perhaps be the grand daddy? I'm sorry but yes the pattern can change but in winters like this, it is quite rare. it happened in 2006-07 but the signal for this year's pattern change is getting muted every 12 hours. Why is the 5 inch total not realistic?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

looks alrite for you i dont know what your seeing?

Oh well. ORH probably gets nothing while not too far away does well. This winter is getting pretty comical now. Going into Boston in an hour and going to the Bruins so thankfully I'll be away from the board. Otherwise I'd probably be refreshing the 18z runs and 00z runs even though its just about over here.

Good luck to CNE/NNE :snowman: :snowman:

i think that is despair talking.

how can anyone really believe that? not reaching 5" is out of the question. it isnt realistic.

and it is jan 10! use all of the models you want, it is impossible to accurately predict the next 2-2.5 months.

Well, it is possible. Not likely, but possible. 1972-73 only gave BOS 10", and some of that was before Jan 10...

I do feel bad. I love snow so much, but I also know we get clunkers from time to time.

For me, this year might not even wind up a total clunker due to the 20+" I got in October Freakshow.

I'd definitely take this...and BOX wrote this before the euro (seems very optimistic) which was colder than the gfs. I would certainly take an inch or two followed by pl/zr to cold rain and be happy. Pretty sad to say on 1/10. If we can get a slight colder trend at 00z I could be back in the game, but for now I expect nothing except for pl/zr to rain.

PRELIMINARY SNOWFALL ESTIMATES ARE 1-3" N

OF THE PIKE INCREASING TO 3-6" N OF ROUTE 2...BUT THIS CAN STILL

CHANGE WITH HIGHER OR LOWER AMOUNTS DEPENDING ON TRACK OF LOW AND

EXACT THERMAL PROFILE.

It's really quite close with the 12z suite. The latest Euro sort of closes off a brief 850 low along the Seacoast, and that is enough to save the interior areas from going above 0 C during early Friday. If that doesn't play out we probably see more warm air flood north aloft and could start to see IP or icing well inland. The CAD is probably the highest confidence feature at this point, I feel very comfortable with surface temps below freezing.

At this point, I hope the Euro ends up right, Nam looked close, GFS was warmest of all, A slight jog SE would help if we don't close off a low, Looks like the low opens before it gets here on the GFS

I'd definitely take this...and BOX wrote this before the euro (seems very optimistic) which was colder than the gfs. I would certainly take an inch or two followed by pl/zr to cold rain and be happy. Pretty sad to say on 1/10. If we can get a slight colder trend at 00z I could be back in the game, but for now I expect nothing except for pl/zr to rain.

EXACT THERMAL PROFILE.

Sounds ok although I did not see the euro yet.

EXACT THERMAL PROFILE.

Pretty much unchanged since early this morning.

I would not go as high as 6"

Maybe 2-4" N of Rte 2

1-2 between the Pike and 2

Feels like Dec 23 all over again

Sounds ok although I did not see the euro yet.

The 12z nam looked best for areas around the pike...the gradient that the gfs has around the NH border the nam has around the pike. I think my best case scenario would be what the nam has where I get 3-4" to pl/zr ending as a period of rain. But at this point I think no snow at all is a more likely scenario.

edit: Then again 850 layer on the 12z nam is warm, not sure I even get that much. Maybe more like 2" around 12z before taint. Looks like a good amount of sleet on the nam.

Looks like ice potential for Berkshires??

Meh

If Friday pans out like euro indicates it will snow like mad for the spine of the greens. Strong QG forcing and upslope.

Congrats!

After looking over the first 72 hours worth of the 12z ECM I think I see what has transpired in the last 12 hours to unravel the colder appeal.

Prior to last night’s runs, the southern stream closed low opening up and moving up the coast was always kept as a separate entity that damped a tad …while still conserving enough dynamics to do the trick as it passed through.

Now, the ECM is showing it phasing with the MW/OV L/W amplification, and that drills the mid level temperatures way up. Probably starts as some winteriness but +3 to +5 850mb is probably a good bet later in the event.

Wow-that warm? Reallly?

I hate those wundergroupnd maps.....I can't follow them at all. I think they say congrats PF, though--as they should!

I was looking at the entire hemisphere for days 9-10 especially. Not saying the pattern gets a lot better, but looks like the cold may be sticking around longer, at least per this mode run.

I see Danbury as your loc...I definitely think I saw you in the Danbury Mall...do you work there?

Archived