• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Thursday's storm ...Rain, wind, snow and ice?

OKpowdah

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GFS looks notably better. The s/w is sharper and further east, with a stronger surface low, and at the same time pressures are higher across New England. This run markedly strengthened the northerly isallobaric flow.

Also, Friday is just a little tweaking away from being a significant snow storm for western New England.

Good combo here. Would like to get a couple inches of dense base building permacrud wed night/ thursday get it to set up and then get some dry stuff on top. All my x-c trails are cleared and ready to have tracks set.. It's going to be an awesome couple of days, travelling ski circus thurs/friday. Psyched.

This winter has gotten to me guys. I'm sorry.....I should have known that the "pattern change" was probably a falsely robust signal that has failed this year. Remember how many cold winters have a warm spell that gets truncated? This is the opposite. Futility record here we come. If you get snow/ice, enjoy.

I'm with you. I am officially really annoyed with this winter. It's just frustrating. Both Thursday's storm and Friday's ULL fail to deliver for ESNE. If it wasn't for that freak Oct storm and snow before 10/29, I'd be at 0.1" for the year.

This winter has gotten to me guys. I'm sorry.....I should have known that the "pattern change" was probably a falsely robust signal that has failed this year. Remember how many cold winters have a warm spell that gets truncated? This is the opposite. Futility record here we come. If you get snow/ice, enjoy.

5 inches or bust!

I cannot believe there is a watch for 2-4" and a trace of ice. That is north Georgia criteria right there. LOL. That might not even warrant an advisory though I know a trace of ice gets the advisory without the snow.

Are you working Friday? May be at your hill. Ski binge incoming.

My wife just looked at my toaster pics and Eric's GIF and said " Do you think you could make a folder called Scott's dumb pics and put them in there instead of the desktop?" LOL.

Lol...I showed my wife the cliff jump gif last night....I was laughing so hard...she was basically expressionless and thought I needed some help. Her response was "at least you guys have each other"

welcome aboard my friend... odds are against us, but this could certainly be exciting

i'll start a thread shortly

5 inches or bust!

You said I'm rooting for it. I'm not. But it could happen. I'd love nothing else but to see a dumping. Not in the cards it seems this winter. All seasons have personalities. The long range is right back to where we've been 11/1 forward on all the global ensemble systems. We're fooked.

You said I'm rooting for it. I'm not. But it could happen. I'd love nothing else but to see a dumping. Not in the cards it seems this winter. All seasons have personalities. The long range is right back to where we've been 11/1 forward on all the global ensemble systems. We're fooked.

Haven't been around today. Does that AK vortex return in the LR?

We've lost you.

Haven't been around today. Does that AK vortex return in the LR?

It's back on the guidance and has been for days. Now most of the guidance has the so called flip fairly pedestrian and short lived. Of course, it would be wrong. But I am not betting on that given this winter's pattern.

I have spent 3 months tracking a trace. Enough.

Generous map from Box

4-6"? I'll be psyched for that. In the event that went 'ever-northward' and gave everyone rain last month, I remember all the NWS offices were saying "no" while the threads here were pretty builish. Hopefully, they're call this time will exceed expectations.

Lol...I showed my wife the cliff jump gif last night....I was laughing so hard...she was basically expressionless and thought I needed some help. Her response was "at least you guys have each other"

I think you and I must have the same wife.

lol

Your avatar is repulsive.

How's your big winter doing? Oh wait, you're going to AK because YOU CAN'T STAND IT!

To be fair, I'd be going to AK regardless. My winter is going just fine Jerry. Skiing a lot and I've been ice fishing again which I haven't done much of in the last few years. With a little luck I should be 40+" for the season by the weekend.It hasn't been as snowy as I'd like but there's a lot of winter left and I don't give up easily.......and there is always the siren call of AK.

4-6"? I'll be psyched for that. In the event that went 'ever-northward' and gave everyone rain last month, I remember all the NWS offices were saying "no" while the threads here were pretty builish. Hopefully, they're call this time will exceed expectations.

I think you and I must have the same wife.

LOL, I thought the same thing. I'll go with the pro's at BOX, 4-6" and then more on Friday works for me.

Your avatar is repulsive.

To be fair, I'd be going to AK regardless. My winter is going just fine Jerry. Skiing a lot and I've been ice fishing again which I haven't done much of in the last few years. With a little luck I should be 40+" for the season by the weekend.It hasn't been as snowy as I'd like but there's a lot of winter left and I don't give up easily.......and there is always the siren call of AK.

Whats your total minus october? ITs certainly less than 10 inches of snow through 6 weeks of met winter in the berkshires, thats pretty bad. Where have you been skiing I see MRG is closed again in the dead of winter, hoping to reopen this weekend, snowmobile trails all closed in the green state, no snow on the ground where you live. Tough times, but hopefully things improve in Feb!

NWS was fairly bullish in the 12/23 event if that is what you are referring to. They had advisories out for north of the pike elevated areas. They had to take them down once the event started and it was apparent it wouldn't snow enough to meet advisory criteria.

LOL, I thought the same thing. I'll go with the pro's at BOX, 4-6" and then more on Friday works for me.

Yeah--I'm really intrigued by the Friday event. Meanwhile, getting really bummed that my tropics trip (leasve next Friday).is coming up just as winter is finally getting going. I ont' mind if my flight get's canceled.

Archived