• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Thursday's storm ...Rain, wind, snow and ice?

OKpowdah

Wow its going to be close here... I'm hoping for the slightest tick south starting tonight. I'm loving that the NAM essentially held serve from 12z

Scott, Brian, What do you think for here?

I'm leaning toward 3-5" followed by some pingers and ending as -FZRA/FZDZ. 5-8" up here pre dryslot with useless frozen precip after that.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

here's a good view of it....cross section running from about ktol to mwn. good visual in this event as to why your 850s can be deceiving. notice there are spots that are solidly <0C 850s but a pretty good sized elevated warm layer...perhaps good vvs could offset some...but that's a pretty thick warm layer.

post-218-0-72729500-1326228633.png

That is a helluva useful tool... may I ask where you got/generated it? Thanks in advance.

here's a good view of it....cross section running from about ktol to mwn. good visual in this event as to why your 850s can be deceiving. notice there are spots that are solidly <0C 850s but a pretty good sized elevated warm layer...perhaps good vvs could offset some...but that's a pretty thick warm layer.

post-218-0-72729500-1326228633.png

are those cross-section maps accessible to public? that is a fantastic way to visualize

After reviewing the 12z guidance and 18z NAM...I think my thinking from yesterday should still be pretty valid. 1-3 inches of snow followed by sleet and freezing rain for MBY...perhaps up to 4" in Hubbdave territory up near Socks.

The timing of course is critical because the precip should be coming down heavily as the snow flips to sleet.

After reviewing the 12z guidance and 18z NAM...I think my thinking from yesterday should still be pretty valid. 1-3 inches of snow followed by sleet and freezing rain for MBY...perhaps up to 4" in Hubbdave territory up near Socks.

The timing of course is critical because the precip should be coming down heavily as the snow flips to sleet.

That seems like a good number. Dave is a bit of a wild card.

the good thing is you are relying entirely on a front end delivery...llittle more confidence there.

Archived