• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Thursday's storm ...Rain, wind, snow and ice?

OKpowdah

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see a lot of people counting on Friday :lol: ... not lol at the possibility, just at the overwhelming theme of replies to my map haha

I definitely agree that this could be a decent performer for many. These type of events usually have some high ratio accumulations.

Mid level temperatures tumble during the day Friday, lowering the snow growth zone. A period of decent omega in the SGZ moves through ahead of a spoke on the upper level low. Easily a 2-5" event, with options for much more with upslode

It could be a bit meh outside of the higher elevations. Bl temps could be iffy for some to start. I'm not gung ho on it yet.

After looking over the first 72 hours worth of the 12z ECM I think I see what has transpired in the last 12 hours to unravel the colder appeal.

Prior to last night’s runs, the southern stream closed low opening up and moving up the coast was always kept as a separate entity that damped a tad …while still conserving enough dynamics to do the trick as it passed through.

Now, the ECM is showing it phasing with the MW/OV L/W amplification, and that drills the mid level temperatures way up. Probably starts as some winteriness but +3 to +5 850mb is probably a good bet later in the event.

Yeah, I know the GFS is the warmest. Which one is the coldest? (I'm on the iPod so it's a bit tougher to do it myself.). Seems Euro, Nam and Canadian are clustered together if I recall correctly.

They are, I don't think there are any colder then the others, Pretty good consensous among the models, There will be some taint at least along the coast it seems.

They are, I don't think there are any colder then the others, Pretty good consensous among the models, There will be some taint at least along the coast it seems.

ok, thanks. Maybe 18z GFS creeps even further south to the pack. Hopped back to my desktop PC to check out the WU Euro. Crushing hit ... verification is desired.. :snowman:

Hi Guys. First time newbie poster here. Great info on the site. How does Sugarloaf stand through this? Will the Loaf get the same amounts as are predicted for Sunday River? Slightly better elevation up at the loaf. Thank you all very much for the info and entertainment. I live in Maine. Split time between Camden and Sugarloaf. So pumped for whatever we get. Again thanks. :snowing:

Hi Guys. First time newbie poster here. Great info on the site. How does Sugarloaf stand through this? Will the Loaf get the same amounts as are predicted for Sunday River? Slightly better elevation up at the loaf. Thank you all very much for the info and entertainment. I live in Maine. Split time between Camden and Sugarloaf. So pumped for whatever we get. Again thanks. :snowing:

I would think they would be getting a decent 6-8"...

Archived