Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
April Discussion

IsentropicLift

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also saw a few flurries in the Bronx this morning. Amazing for April 24th. 

HPN sitting at 42F right now, unreal for this late in the season.

This is definitely unusual but not unheard of. I can remember a few Memorial Day weekends where sweatshirts were a necessity, and we're still a month away from that. 

The El Nino is starting to flex its muscles as the Euro weeklies have a very stormy

pattern over the southern part of the country well into May.

http://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-blogs/anderson/el-nino-look-to-the-long-range/46130504

That couldn't be a worse look up here. Nothing but boring weather.

That couldn't be a worse look up here. Nothing but boring weather.

kind of looks like the 12z Euro really bombing that low out off the SE and MA coast next week.

I hope the El Nino really takes off so California has a shot a more precipitation next winter.

kind of looks like the 12z Euro really bombing that low out off the SE and MA coast next week.

I hope the El Nino really takes off so California has a shot a more precipitation next winter.

It's right there, just closes off a few hours too late otherwise it would have bombed right over the area.

f144.gif

The last time we had a moderate El Nino was 2009-2010 which was a really hot Summer, but not before a very wet Spring.

my father is a weather freak like me and he said were going to have a very wet spring and a very hot summer so let's see who's right. I'm pulling for you cause I already got my cold and snowy winter!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL at people wanting excessive heat all year long

I honestly want the weather you guys have today vs how it is here. It's an absolute sauna with dewpoints in the low to mid 70s. If the sun was out it would be oppressive. Yesterday was the same way. Tomorrow is supposed to dry out but we should hit 90. And this is only the beginning-we heat up rapidly from here on and in a month, temps regularly get over 90 here.

I honestly want the weather you guys have today vs how it is here. It's an absolute sauna with dewpoints in the low to mid 70s. If the sun was out it would be oppressive. Yesterday was the same way. Tomorrow is supposed to dry out but we should hit 90. And this is only the beginning-we heat up rapidly from here on and in a month, temps regularly get over 90 here.

Yeah, it's only April and already you have to deal with that type of excessive heat and humidity. At least up here we only have about an 8 week stretch from mid-June until early August. By mid-August we're already starting to get cool nights and highs in the 80's start becoming an exception rather than the rule. 

I personally love warm weather. But why you would want excessive heat to the point where you can't do anything but sit in the air condition is beyond me. Not to mention how bad that is for people that don't have AC. 

It's kind of cool to get a few heat waves during the heart of the Summer, just like it can be cool to get a few days with single digit highs in the Winter. 

The 83 degree sun altitude in late June combined with the heat and high dews looks like it will be a real treat.

Your 100 degree day data makes Newark look like the north pole.

AUSTIN BERGSTROM MOST 100 DEGREE DAYS IN A YEAR 1943 TO 2011  1.  74 IN 2011   2.  55 IN 2009  3.  50 IN 1998  4.  43 IN 1951  5.  42 IN 2000  6.  39 IN 1954  7.  38 IN 1956  8.  36 IN 1953  9.  31 IN 2006 10.  30 IN 1980 AND 1982

Texas is like the hail capital of the U.S., that alone is a great reason to move there.

I missed much larger hail on Saturday by a few miles per reports. I had maybe penny sized hail, but to be honest I'm glad I didn't have the hail dents in my car many here get. The wind in that storm though was great, I think might have hit 60mph. There were several wind damage reports, even structural damage in Austin.

...27* here this morning...friday was overcast and chilly with high's not getting out of 

the 40's..the strong late april sun will feel awesome today..hoping this 27* will be the 

last..we need to get the growing season going.

Archived