joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter 2014-15 Banter Thread

Stormlover74

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not really a terrible season at all for anyone near here really. How much did you pick up from this one?

I wrote 18.0 inches in my log...but I think I overmeasured...lol.

I wrote 18.0 inches in my log...but I think I overmeasured...lol.

I see all these numbers around me 24...23...25...and I think my 18 might be overdone...I guess Port Jefferson  is just a snow hole...

*sulks*

Just one final thought before I take my leave of you...

When I first came to the Long Island (after an extended spell of roaming about the earth)...winters were short, wet, & mild.  This is no longer the case.   

Well, as Renoir would say..."Au revoir"

That's BS how come the storms with the most extreme qpfs are always rain storms and how come they always verify 200 hours away? 

Because this is the coast and our average winter totals are 24-28 +/- a few inches depending on location. Also +AO/+NAO usually mean cutter more likely but they're competing with +PNA/-EPO so results may vary. 

Because this is the coast and our average winter totals are 24-28 +/- a few inches depending on location. Also +AO/+NAO usually mean cutter more likely but they're competing with +PNA/-EPO so results may vary. 

I understand how come huge rain storms always seem to verify many days away on the models? Or is it just my impression?

Ah, how the sun is starting to feel warmer now, compared just a couple weeks ago. I am exiting winter mode on Feb 19th (pitchers and catchers), so we better get our storms in before then. I will be heavily rooting against any storm after that date unless it is in Blizzard of '93 territory.

Spring is only a few weeks away!!

Ah, how the sun is starting to feel warmer now, compared just a couple weeks ago. I am exiting winter mode on Feb 19th (pitchers and catchers), so we better get our storms in before then. I will be heavily rooting against any storm after that date unless it is in Blizzard of '93 territory.

Spring is only a few weeks away!!

I usually go a little later, post 3/15 or so.  By then the clocks are ahead (and looking forward to being out after dinner) and snow chances diminish greatly per climo.  So another 6 weeks for me.

Archived