• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Central PA Late January thread

And why not? It is the only global model that has been relatively consistent throughout the entire period leading up to the storm. With the exception of some of the thermal profiles, the Euro has been fairly consistent with its solution. The Canadian has also been consistent until its recent runs when it has now shifted towards the Euro.

oh I agree, i said the euro is the way to go right now, was just pointing out that it looks like a slightly colder run of the euro to a T.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Safe for what...QPF or snow? I think you stand a MUCH better chance of getting more snow than me. I might have more precip, but I like where you are at for snowfall.

Just my 2 cents.

I really don't think anyone is safe at this point per the american models. We could easily get 10" snow to cold/dry conditions mid week. These models are just all over the place. I don't have a good feeling at all about this one especially with the way the season has been going pushing everything east it seems and we have always been on the western fringe. Let's see what the 12z GFS has to say.

I really don't think anyone is safe at this point per the american models. We could easily get 10" snow to cold/dry conditions mid week. These models are just all over the place. I don't have a good feeling at all about this one especially with the way the season has been going pushing everything east it seems and we have always been on the western fringe. Let's see what the 12z GFS has to say.

Fair enough, you could be right. I just think this storm will be different, and not because I know anything, I really don't. I've been listening to a lot of mets the past few days whom I have a ton of respect for that our saying this baby is coming up the coast. They are using meteorology, not model hugging. Guys like Joe Lundberg, Paul Knight from Weather World, etc. I just have learned over the years to trust them. Could they be wrong, and the GFS score the coup, sure.

I just have a feeling this one's coming, but we'll see...

Safe for what...QPF or snow? I think you stand a MUCH better chance of getting more snow than me. I might have more precip, but I like where you are at for snowfall.

Just my 2 cents.

He's a Negative Nancy, just like Colin was in the Lehigh Valley. If Earthlight, am19psu, and few other knowledgeable folks think DT's map is reasonable at this stage of the game, then I think we have decent shot at a nice event.

Good Morning everyone...

Here are my morning lows from the past 3 mornings:

Sat: 6.4°

Sun: 7.4°

Mon: 1.2°

Was hoping to get into the minus numbers but not this go'round. Regardless of how much snow we get with this next storm the GFS keeps showing that we get cold blast after cold blast right through the end of the 15-day runs. If we do get a decent snowfall then I would bet that we will drop below zero with any of the upcoming blasts.

---Stephen

Good Morning everyone...

Here are my morning lows from the past 3 mornings:

Sat: 6.4°

Sun: 7.4°

Mon: 1.2°

Was hoping to get into the minus numbers but not this go'round. Regardless of how much snow we get with this next storm the GFS keeps showing that we get cold blast after cold blast right through the end of the 15-day runs. If we do get a decent snowfall then I would bet that we will drop below zero with any of the upcoming blasts.

---Stephen

Hey Stephen,

Not sure if it was mentioned here but Wink 104 reported a temp of -1 this AM. Not sure where they get their readings from. Sorry you did not make it at your place.

From JB

"So I like the 3- to 6-inch amounts from D.C. to NYC, with 12 northwest of the cities. I think heavy snows spread back west all the way to what is becoming the I-99 corridor from W.Va. to New York, but if you want an interstate axis that sees heaviest snows in the mid-Atlantic, it's more 81 than 95 in this case"

From JB

"So I like the 3- to 6-inch amounts from D.C. to NYC, with 12 northwest of the cities. I think heavy snows spread back west all the way to what is becoming the I-99 corridor from W.Va. to New York, but if you want an interstate axis that sees heaviest snows in the mid-Atlantic, it's more 81 than 95 in this case"

I know it's JB, but this is starting to get interesting. :popcorn:

Archived