Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Central PA Late January thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

another shift back east on the NAM...nada for anyone this run even SC PA.

The NAM has been awful with this event. I'm not saying that because it shows us with no snow, but every single run it basically has a new evolution of the storm with different results. There's a reason CTP's morning discussion at 8 a.m. said it's completely disregarding the NAM for a while.

It might very well be right with this, but if so it's on a coup of its own basically.

with how consistent the euro has been with this event, really have to go with it as gfs/nam have been everywhere...shifting run to run.

Agreed. But you would think at some point both these models would come around to the EURO solution but yet they have not. I'm glad I don't have to forecase thiss event. 2 days out - it could be 10 plus inches of snow to rain or nothing at all. Cold and Dry.

CTP has Lancaster at 8 - 10" trailing off as one goes N & W. At this point, that plus 5 cents gets you a nickel.

I saw that too, and think it's laughable. If we get enough QPF for that amount of snow, the storm will be juicy enough that we mix and areas N and W of us get more, not less. The only way I think we beat areas northwest of us is if the storm is much weaker and strung out, thus giving us much lighter amounts. Just my guess right now. I'd want to be where Jon is, or perhaps just northwest of him.

I saw that too, and think it's laughable. If we get enough QPF for that amount of snow, the storm will be juicy enough that we mix and areas N and W of us get more, not less. The only way I think we beat areas northwest of us is if the storm is much weaker and strung out, thus giving us much lighter amounts. Just my guess right now. I'd want to be where Jon is, or perhaps just northwest of him.

Yeah, i think myself and Canderson are in OK shape.

looks like he's stickin to the euro :lol:

And why not? It is the only global model that has been relatively consistent throughout the entire period leading up to the storm. With the exception of some of the thermal profiles, the Euro has been fairly consistent with its solution. The Canadian has also been consistent until its recent runs when it has now shifted towards the Euro.

Archived