Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA Late January thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

should be one of the coldest nights of the season tonight, next weeks storm is looking more promising...discuss.Snowman.gif

next week storm looks good for central pa :snowman:

Monday morning is going to be even colder. IPT will almost definitely be subzero and UNV and SEG are going to get close.

I don't know how they already have heard about it, but my coworkers are already asking about next week.

On the 3.25 in Red Lion......SE York County is a weather magnet for snow and t-storms.....Don't know if it is the slight increase in elevation. I buy it. Other reports show it also.

Yeah Jamie, everyone around us (Canderson and me) had 2-3" i had measured a half and he got 3/4" ..crazy! He lives lives in the city and i'm just across the susky from him

I'm probably going to be posting in here for a little bit over this next threat. My family still lives near SEG, so I'll be forecasting for them, too. Hope y'all don't mind :)

Did you bring anything to eat or drink to this party? We normally expect that from the new people :thumbsup:

Welcome and thank you!

I am highly interested in the upcoming storm along the I-81 corridor from extreme northern Maryland on northward. Perhaps we needed this relax in the upstream blocking to allow the storms to track a tad farther west. Also looks like a large precipitation shield unlike the sharp cut-offs of the last few storms this winter.

I'm probably going to be posting in here for a little bit over this next threat. My family still lives near SEG, so I'll be forecasting for them, too. Hope y'all don't mind :)

absolutely not! always good to have more pro mets in the thread!

I'd like to be optimistic about next week but when the trend has been to find ways to continually screw C PA and even NE PA it's hard to be.

I had 65.5'' last year.

yeah i had 72" last year...south central PA had a historical year...even this year we're right on par for average.

We welcome all mets on this board.What is ur first take on next weeks storm?Do you think north central Pa has a decent shot at a real storm with significant snows finally?

We welcome all mets on this board.What is ur first take on next weeks storm?Do you think north central Pa has a decent shot at a real storm with significant snows finally?

You guys have a shot. If I had a sweet spot right now, it'd be on the eastern edge of this region, over toward NEPA and the Hudson Valley.

My take on the models at the moment is that the ops runs are a bit too amplified right now. They're in the top tenth percentile of the superensemble members at this time. But there is plenty of time to watch how things evolve. There was a plane out in the Pacific to drop sondes this morning, so hopefully, the 12z runs shed some more light on this threat.

You guys have a shot. If I had a sweet spot right now, it'd be on the eastern edge of this region, over toward NEPA and the Hudson Valley.

My take on the models at the moment is that the ops runs are a bit too amplified right now. They're in the top tenth percentile of the superensemble members at this time. But there is plenty of time to watch how things evolve. There was a plane out in the Pacific to drop sondes this morning, so hopefully, the 12z runs shed some more light on this threat.

Thats why we love having pro mets on here to shed more light on the misty distant future,lol. Im sure everyone in here knows

who coins that phrase. Thanks again! Will def be staying abreast of your thoughts and input over the next few days.:popcorn:

MU's Horst at 8:00 AM today -

"Last night's quick-hitting storm dropped between 1 and 4 inches across the county. While most folks in the Lancaster area received around 2 inches, there are reports of only an inch in parts of western Lancaster county and reports of 3 to 4 inches in some eastern areas. But the big story is the bitter cold air moving in for the weekend and the possibility that temps could drop to 0 degrees for the first time in 6 years. And next week, I see the making of a real Nor'easter. This is a heck of a way to run a La Nina winter in the East! Check back later this morning for a closer look at the pattern into next week."

storm total so far is 4.2 "

i had some of the heaviest snow i have seen in a long time with a squall that went trough around 10 am.

video

link to video

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=HG0v-I5sE8s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HG0v-I5sE8s

pic

the house in the is about 200 ft away and i was outside(not looking through a window)

i did have a little zoom on the camera.

veryheavysnow.jpg

the squall on radar

radar.jpg

As I mentioned on the other thread. We got about 2.5 - 3" of snow with this storm.

And we have about 6" of snow pack on the ground.

And 14.4" of snowfall this season according to NOAA.

am19psu welcome!!!

We have a good bunch of people in here.

And appreciate all the red tag help we can get!!

Archived