• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Central PA Late January thread

LOL, the Euro absolutely crushes Central PA. 2+" QPF. This actually is the solution I like the best, which probably means it has no chance of verifying :)

The play by play is confusing....very heavy snow west of I95 but they don't say where......I think your area looks good.

Eh, nevermind. Thank, am.

And I second afvet89, thanks for posting here. We have a damn solid group of mets in this thread, damn solid.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Closest approach of the 850s is the Lehigh Valley per the PHL/NYC thread.

Using SV regionals farthest West point is 126 which is right along I81, Eastern Adams...Northern York...up into Southern Lebanon...

The same plot is the farthest North it gets as it cuts East along Southern Leb...through Central Berks and basically following I78 East.

Verbatim off of this run, I switch over to a flooding downpour for several hours, but man, what a storm as depicted. I could see a foot of snow and an inch of rain...someone said that QPF down towards Lancaster is between 2.5" and 3"?

THIS is the storm I want to see that I described this morning...I'll take several hours of rain, fellows, for you good folks N and W of me to get pummeled. You all deserve it after last year.

Cyclones "life" is slower this run. Occludes in the sweet spot for CPA, thus the higher QPF. Problem is the rapid development was even faster on the 0z so the heaviest QPF was farther South over the Delmarva. Say DC has a center of heaviest QPF. Now the center if you will, looks to be overt Balt. Slower life cycle.

Makes me think of the boxing day storm when the Euro overall was over amplified.

Cyclones "life" is slower this run. Occludes in the sweet spot for CPA, thus the higher QPF. Problem is the rapid development was even faster on the 0z so the heaviest QPF was farther South over the Delmarva. Say DC has a center of heaviest QPF. Now the center if you will, looks to be overt Balt. Slower life cycle.

Makes me think of the boxing day storm when the Euro overall was over amplified.

Ya but, the euro was really the only model showing that storm being huge. Now we have model support. For once. lol

From mid atlantic thread

snapback.pngsauss06, on 21 January 2011 - 01:58 PM, said:

Whats MDT please

2.8 liquid just about all snow

it gets to exactly 0 at 850 on one prog, possible there is a warmer period between time samples...but your burried

I thought the QPF down our way was closer to 3" than 2"...

Agreed that it's likely overdone, but holy cow, what a weekend of model watching for all of us.

My wife will be so thrilled...a weather and a football widow all wrapped up in one.

Ya but, the euro was really the only model showing that storm being huge. Now we have model support. For once. lol

What I meant by it is do we really want to see a slower life cycle? More time for WAA and mixing/rain issues. With surface high and low level cold feed not at a classic position, seems to me that a quicker occluding system cutting WAA is better...at least for where I am at.

Archived