Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Late January thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wind has really picked up, too. I really want to see negative numbers here in Harrisburg. I've never experienced it in my life and want to do so because, well, I'm apparently crazy. :)

Euro ensembles for 12z are a bit west of the OP, that's a good sign (as good as a sign can be for a storm 4 days out).

At this juncture, I'm not sure the ensemble mean is worth a whole lot. Not sure if you have access to it, but looking at the total spread of the ensemble members probably gives a better idea of how the forecast is shaping up.

I never thanked you for your posts over the last few days, so let me do that now: Thank you, thank you, thank you! Your additions to this thread are great.

Hey thanks! Isn't this stuff great? I can't believe I do it for a living!

This is a nice region, too. Everyone who posts in the CPA thread are usually understanding and rational.

Hey thanks! Isn't this stuff great? I can't believe I do it for a living!

This is a nice region, too. Everyone who posts in the CPA thread are usually understanding and rational.

Yes JST, PSU and MAG you do an outstanding job and I'm along with others on here are quite grateful. Hopefully ol Fred out of weather world is right, 1-2' for central pa. Right now the GFS is on its own, Ukmet, Canadian, and Euro all have some kind of hugger or inland runner.

Just woke up from napping for awhile. Ran the 12z Euro on Accupro...holy crap, can it be Tuesday yet? I'm once again impressed with the model grouping considering the range, specifically with the Canadian and Euro showing pretty much the same things they showed last night. Barring any kind of disappearance or radically different evolution of this storm in future runs this is starting to look like one of those big events that might actually be somewhat well forecasted in the day 4-5 range. Still lots of issues to hash out of course, especially from around Harrisburg and east with regards to possible mixing issues if the GGEM's somewhat warmer temp profiles panned out..Euros close too.

This is by far the best shot CPA has had at a direct shot from classic miller A bomb straight up the coast in awhile. The neutral NAO should be our friend in allowing this to come west enough..although if it phases too quick we may have to deal with a track too far west. I do like a coastal hugging track at the moment though. With the arctic high in place prior to the event at least (NYC is only forecasted to be 20 Monday), there should be a decent baroclinic boundary for this thing to follow along the coastline. Cautiously optimistic at this point in time :snowman:

It's actually a real possibility that we miss out on this one as well.

I know you guys are probably conditioned to missing out after the last two winters the coast has seen, but this is really the best shot you've had. The superensemble members indicate that at least the eastern part of this thread will see a big snowfall.

(Sorry for getting everyone's hopes up if this busts. Just calling it how I see it at this time)

Archived