Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Late January thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know you guys are probably conditioned to missing out after the last two winters the coast has seen, but this is really the best shot you've had. The superensemble members indicate that at least the eastern part of this thread will see a big snowfall.

(Sorry for getting everyone's hopes up if this busts. Just calling it how I see it at this time)

I agree this is our best shot of the season so far. The last big threat we had was the post-Christmas storm, but that was the Euro vs. the world. Now it's the world vs. the twists and turns of the GFS.

I agree this is our best shot of the season so far. The last big threat we had was the post-Christmas storm, but that was the Euro vs. the world. Now it's the world vs. the twists and turns of the GFS.

Hey... the superior 12z nogaps and jma went east.... :devilsmiley:

Done.

Thanks. It just makes sense to put the region name first in the thread title.

I know you guys are probably conditioned to missing out after the last two winters the coast has seen, but this is really the best shot you've had. The superensemble members indicate that at least the eastern part of this thread will see a big snowfall.

(Sorry for getting everyone's hopes up if this busts. Just calling it how I see it at this time)

And that's all you can do. As for me, I'm hopeful, but yet skeptical. I'll be much more comfortable if this scenario is still on the table Sunday night.

DT's writeup on the storm / models.

http://www.wxrisk.com

Interesting writeup....

At first is sounds like he is not in favor of a big East Coast storm. Upon further reading, I think it's more that he doesn't think it will be literally a coastal or I-95 snowstorm. Seems like he is favoring a slight inland track, which would be great for most of us.

GFS looks nothin like the NAM,GGEM and Euro.Not buying it right now.Does anyone know when the new UKMET comes out? ...New Nogaps still showin a GOM low moving to near Cape May NJ at 120. Looks like all the other models except the GFS. update on the Cnadian... bombs out a low over nyc for wed. heavy snow for cpa.

Archived