• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Central PA Late January thread

i thought an apps runner went up the apps?

would basically go over my house and most if not all of pa would be too warm..

didnt see the model but the way you make it sound its just an inland runner...but i could be wrong (like i said didnt see the GGEM)

It tracks well into NC before jumping towards NYC...but the 540 line is all the way back to Erie.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the phone in Harrisburg, so I don't have a great view of the 12z GEFS, but it's readily apparent the op is a comical outlier. The amplified members are still east of the Euro family of solutions, though.

Almost all of the members have the more amplified coastal solution, but a little less than half of them have any snow in PA. Not a big deal at this point -- just seeing it come around to the more amplified solution is a big step on this run.

Almost all of the members have the more amplified coastal solution, but a little less than half of them have any snow in PA. Not a big deal at this point -- just seeing it come around to the more amplified solution is a big step on this run.

That's what I thought, beat whatever that crap was the GFS was spitting out the few prior runs

i know i was just being sarcastic

if the models can shift this much today they can easily shift the other way tomorrow so im still optimistic.

i Hope your right, I'm still leaning towards something along the coastline, the NAO is east based, the PNA is west based not centered over the rockies like the last couple of storms, the 50/50 low isn't good, the HP slides past 75 degrees west allowing for the LP to stay further along the coast. As long as they can phase early it gives us a chance. Is it me or does the 00z Ukie look like its phasing earlier and the LP is further to the west along LA coast. The GFS also has a northern branch bias as it was showing more of a Miller B scenario and just jumped to the miller A solution. The only reason the Euro jumped a little to the east because it wasn't phasing as much and was more progressive and the second HP was causing problems for OTS possibilities.

and the Canadian, also the NAM looks like the 00Z Euro

I thought this was the case too regarding the NAM. However, I was reading the NWS State College PA discussion, and they mention about the NAM extrpolated would not bring significant snow to central PA.

EXTRAPOLATION OF THE NAM/SREF MEAN BEYOND F84 WOULD FAVOR A TRACK

TOO FAR TO THE EAST/OUT TO SEA TO BRING SIGNIFICANT SNOWS TO

CENTRAL PA.

I was understanding that the NAM had major differences with the GFS and was further west resulting in a decent hit for West/Central PA and East Ohio. Is this not the case?

I thought this was the case too regarding the NAM. However, I was reading the NWS State College PA discussion, and they mention about the NAM extrpolated would not bring significant snow to central PA.

EXTRAPOLATION OF THE NAM/SREF MEAN BEYOND F84 WOULD FAVOR A TRACK

TOO FAR TO THE EAST/OUT TO SEA TO BRING SIGNIFICANT SNOWS TO

CENTRAL PA.

I was understanding that the NAM had major differences with the GFS and was further west resulting in a decent hit for West/Central PA and East Ohio. Is this not the case?

See i don't understand why they would say this, the NAM to me looks like it goes negative tilt around atlanta GA and would track up the coastal plain. I guess we will find out. Just from personal experiences the Canadian has done a stand up job lately with the last couple of storms and hasn't waivered thus far

Archived