Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Late January thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you. How much of MDT's is actual snow, though? Do you have any way of telling? That's a mighty tight gradient from Lancaster to Harrisburg, that's about 25 miles and .3". Good luck calling snow totals on this one.

MDT stays below freezing at 850 the whole time. The surface gets up to 34, so you probably will have wet, giant flakes coming down, especially in the first half. LNS will see more rain that and PHL is almost all rain. Now, that's verbatim on the Euro, which has had a warm bias so far this cold season.

I know were getting closer to the event, but jeez, it seems like every run this thing goes east, then comes back west, wash rinse repeat..

Talking fine details here.

It's a small shift, so if I were in a broader regional thread I would probably say its very close to the 0z but since we are in a much focused, local, thread felt it should be mentioned.

MDT stays below freezing at 850 the whole time. The surface gets up to 34, so you probably will have wet, giant flakes coming down, especially in the first half. LNS will see more rain that and PHL is almost all rain. Now, that's verbatim on the Euro, which has had a warm bias so far this cold season.

OK, cool. It showing that as snow is a positive given the aforementioned warm bias.

If 0z runs keep this fairly in line we'll be in fairly decent shape. I wish the western gradient wasn't so tight so our brothers out in Altoona/Johnstown and up north toward Clearfield can cash in nicely.

OK, cool. It showing that as snow is a positive given the aforementioned warm bias.

If 0z runs keep this fairly in line we'll be in fairly decent shape. I wish the western gradient wasn't so tight so our brothers out in Altoona/Johnstown and up north toward Clearfield can cash in nicely.

Eh thanks for the sentiments, its ok I will take one for the team if it means u guys get slamed! We have had a decent amount with the nickle and dime LE snows, just havent had a decent synoptic storm. North Central Pa will just have to be patient I guess lol

Eh thanks for the sentiments, its ok I will take one for the team if it means u guys get slamed! We have had a decent amount with the nickle and dime LE snows, just havent had a decent synoptic storm. North Central Pa will just have to be patient I guess lol

Weve been more than patient over the yrs.

Well, best of luck southern neighbors...as I suspected all along NEPA will miss out on the good stuff again.

Can't wait for spring.

This post really bothers me.

First, the storm is still 48 hours or so away. You're talking like it's in progress and almost over.

Can't wait for spring? Come on now.... You'll be the first person celebrating if the models come back west tonight. Or tomorrow. Or tomorrow night. Or....

If you really can't wait for spring, do us all a favor and we'll see you for severe weather season.

I don't normally make posts like this, but for God's sake, this is really getting tiresome. We know you want snow, and it kills you when you don't get it. Aren't there more important things in life to get that hung up over?

First, the storm is still 48 hours or so away. You're talking like it's in progress and almost over.

Can't wait for spring? Come on now.... You'll be the first person celebrating if the models come back west tonight. Or tomorrow. Or tomorrow night. Or....

If you really can't wait for spring, do us all a favor and we'll see you for severe weather season.

I don't normally make posts like this, but for God's sake, this is really getting tiresome. We know you want snow, and it kills you when you don't get it. Aren't there more important things in life to get that hung up over?

thumbsupsmileyanim.gifthumbsupsmileyanim.gifthumbsupsmileyanim.gifthumbsupsmileyanim.gifthumbsupsmileyanim.gif

We need a mod. lol

Standing O

thumbsupsmileyanim.gifthumbsupsmileyanim.gifthumbsupsmileyanim.gifthumbsupsmileyanim.gifthumbsupsmileyanim.gif

We need a mod. lol

Yes we do, and if I were one, I'd five post him.

Seriously, we all want a big storm, and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed with the Euro's gradient. Thing is, I (and most of the rest of you) aren't posting about it every 10 minutes. It does get tiresome seeing the complaints ALLTHE TIME. We all make complaint posts from time to time, but to do so repeatedly, all day, every day, is annoying.

Yes we do, and if I were one, I'd five post him.

Seriously, we all want a big storm, and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed with the Euro's gradient. Thing is, I (and most of the rest of you) aren't posting about it every 10 minutes. It does get tiresome seeing the complaints ALLTHE TIME. We all make complaint posts from time to time, but to do so repeatedly all day, every day, is annoying.

He's been warned. Next step is restriction.

Archived