Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Central PA Late January thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not going to quote the entire discussion, but according to CTP, this looks like another dusk to dawn type of event starting sometime in the afternoon on Wednesday and done by sunrise on Thursday.

FOR NOW...MEAN GEFS STORM

TOTAL PRECIP AND ECMWF QPF ARE IN REASONABLE AGREEMENT AND

STRONGLY SUPPORT A LIGHT TO MODERATE SNOWFALL FOR CENTRAL AND

SOUTHEAST PORTIONS OF CENTRAL PA BEGINNING WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON AND

WRAPPING UP BEFORE 12Z THU.

It was such a great game and atmosphere, got some great pics and a lil video here and there. It was def a very cold game, but the adreneline kept me mostly warm except for some occasionally cold hands.

Nice.

I was a ball of nerves in the second half. I was ordered to sit on the floor by my friend's wife.

-12.6 looks like the low here.

I still think the I-81 corridor is the sweet spot for this storm. There will be mixing to the east and less QPF to the west. Obviously, I'm favoring the GEM/ECM solutions over the UKM/GFS/NAM solutions at this time. We'll see, I guess.

Thanks Adam.

is this still looking like a heavy/wet snow? also, what can you tell me about timing? is it now wed into thursday?

Well -7 here this morning. Been a cold 3 mornings 0, 0 . -7 no school delays here.

Good to see the models moving west some! Even though we might not get the storm we though. Some of us could get our biggest snowfall of the year. Which isn't all bad.

Edit: Adams Thanks for the update!!

From time to time I check out DT's and Henry's facebook pages when I need some cheering.

This was on Henry's FB page last night. I guess he is having a bad winter season too. :) It gave me a laugh.

I'm pretty positive the SREFs went west of previous runs - and are MUCH colder than yesterday's runs. The SREFs have been the craziest of all in the past week.

Still lots of hits for Central PA, though. Of course, some not so good, too.

f87.gif

Is the mixing issue going to be at the start?

Yeah, basically through the height of the storm, then dynamic cooling turns everything back over to all snow the latter half of the storm.

Archived