Newest Member
    joxey
1/21/11 Storm Discussion III

ConvectiveSolutions

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another slop storm for us Messenger

Yep. Hard to beat the seasonal trends this year. Once they started coming further north after the pre-christmas storm it's been all downhill. I'm lucky north of the canal is still getting snow, could be worse on the Cape.

I think folks way up north will hope they keep sliding north in time.

Awesome LOL at the shovel marks on the banks, dude, go out about 5 tonight put you garden hose on fine mist and spray them lightly, they will flash freeze and not shrink in the sun.

Your wife must love trying to pull out of your driveway. Just friggin awesome though. My off the deck in the shade safe keeping pile is six feet. Hoping to make it until May with that.

LOL..you literally have to creep out of the driveway..You don't see anything but snow tunnels from the cars as you drive out..lol

the driveway is also a sheet of ice under that snow..no salt for me..no way

Yep. Hard to beat the seasonal trends this year. Once they started coming further north after the pre-christmas storm it's been all downhill. I'm lucky north of the canal is still getting snow, could be worse on the Cape.

I think folks way up north will hope they keep sliding north in time.

What's your highest seasonal total?

Hopefully this next one will bury you guys

What's your highest seasonal total?

Hopefully this next one will bury you guys

I reported 10" for the early total pre Christmas...in any season that's a lot for here. In reality it was probably more like 11 or 12" based on surrounding reports and my yard, but it's so tough to measure in the wind I go low.

I'm not getting shut out here, it snows every single time which is an accomplishment with these tracks. For the most part it's still solid snowcover here. Just over the bridge it's an uglier story.

What's tough for the non-weather fans to understand is what's going on with the warnings. We've had 3 in a row now that have been really tough. I'm not sure why we keep getting warnings/blizzard/winter here, they're just not working out and people are jaded.

few weenie flakes falling now.... working there way in from......WBF?

looks beautiful out there....with snow caked to everything.......didn't get to enjoy watching the radar unfold.....during the event.....did a quick read thru in the am. and it seemed there were a few tense moments in the wee hours on wether this thing was gonna deliver enough fluff....but in the end.....it looks like it was as advertised.

was their a particular model that consensus feels handled this one ?

great pics weatherma.....

Archived