Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/21/11 Storm Discussion III

ConvectiveSolutions

Sledding trails we made thru the snow.. 25 inches or so OTG

post-492-0-22667700-1295634218.jpg

great snow pics kev......that snow pack is very deep. if we could get a powder bomb wed-thur next week. depth would prob. break records.

i bet you carefully instructed your girls not to step out of the path when going back up the hill.....as to not interrupt the otherwise natural snow pack.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

great snow pics kev......that snow pack is very deep. if we could get a powder bomb wed-thur next week. depth would prob. break records.

i bet you carefully instructed your girls not to step out of the path when going back up the hill.....as to not interrupt the otherwise natural snow pack.

They actually don't like to make too many footprints in the snow. I think they both will have my neat freak disorder..esp my youngest

Here...I'll bun myself :weenie: , but it is just the weenie in me - I want it to be all snow.:cry:

You certainly (in Danvers) have a good chance and I think I do as well. If I can get 2 HECS's from lows that went as west as the canal, anything can happen. This one is snow (mostly). Admittedly Euro has taint but plenty of front end snow but I should remind folks that this far out, Euro has tainted all of our 50 inches this season so far.

For the record, I have 45.8" this season vs. 31.5 all of last season. There were a couple of suspect measurements there. But, the past couple of weeks they cleaned it up.

Next week should give them the 12.8 to put this in the top 10

That puts them at 57.2'' for the season...if they receive 12.8'' of snow with the next storm that would place this winter in the top 10! This would get this winter into the 8th slot.

.36 w/e at PVD, 3.7" snow total? :lol: Yea, they got 10:1 ratios with a temperature of 24-25. Their snow measurement are really horrid.

That sounds about right. I had 2.5 inches and 0.22 inches liquid equivalent for a ratio of about 11:1 with temps 25-26 and very little wind. Of course I am on the coast so our ratios rarely stray very far from 10:1.

That puts them at 57.2'' for the season...if they receive 12.8'' of snow with the next storm that would place this winter in the top 10! This would get this winter into the 8th slot.

Is that a record for January? You'd think since the snowiest winter is 108 inches or something like that the snowiest month wouldn't be much more than half that number.

For the record, I have 45.8" this season vs. 31.5 all of last season. There were a couple of suspect measurements there. But, the past couple of weeks they cleaned it up.

Next week should give them the 12.8 to put this in the top 10

Yeah the couple of suspect measurements suck but we just have to live with it.

You and I are pretty damn close...I'm at like 42.3'' I think it is.

Is that a record for January? You'd think since the snowiest winter is 108 inches or something like that the snowiest month wouldn't be much more than half that number.

Snowiest for BDL is 115.2'' in 1995-1996

For January I would guess they have had around 41'' for the month...maybe 42''...not sure if this is a record or not. I'll try and look.

Actually...this may indeed be the snowiest January of all time at BDL...

They are at 57.2'' for the season

They got about 13.2'' in December I think...but there was that late November event where they probably got like 1/2''

So do 57.2'' - say 14''

That equals 43''

January 1995 had 43.1''

so it's probably pretty damn close.

95-96 was a great season!!!! With the big Jan 9 storm that year, this year reminds me of that one.

Snowiest for BDL is 115.2'' in 1995-1996

For January I would guess they have had around 41'' for the month...maybe 42''...not sure if this is a record or not. I'll try and look.

Not a bad little storm ... I was def too high for alot of folks looking at the PNS Good job to those who forecast 4-8

...TOLLAND COUNTY...

TOLLAND 6.5 1233 PM 1/21

STORRS 6.5 910 AM 1/21 TRAINED SPOTTER

STAFFORDVILLE 6.0 1101 AM 1/21 COOP OBSERVER

COVENTRY 6.0 1229 PM 1/21 HAM RADIO

STAFFORD SPRINGS 5.6 1122 AM 1/21

ELLINGTON 5.0 1039 AM 1/21 HAM RADIO

...WINDHAM COUNTY...

ASHFORD 7.0 1100 AM 1/21 HAM RADIO

EAST KILLINGLY 6.1 248 PM 1/21

WOODSTOCK 5.8 912 AM 1/21 HAM RADIO

BROOKLYN 5.8 1117 AM 1/21 HAM RADIO