Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/21/11 Storm Discussion III

ConvectiveSolutions

Here's the screen capture.

Shows a few things very well. Bob was RIGHT on the edge...when it changed it missed to his east by a few miles. Second, a lot of coastal CT got hosed.

The intersection point on 495 is rte 44...that's right near the state police barracks, and right about where the change line took up residence.

Can't be right...when I reported 1.5" earlier this morning (which ended up being 2" total) I was told it was the lowest report in all of SNE. No way anyone else in CT could've received <3".

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But that map will change when the finals are in. Many reports are from early morning.

Yeah, I noticed that as well. I'm not sure, but it looks like they used my total of 4" for Brooklyn (as of 8:00), but our end amount was 5.75.

(Although I don't know how they'd get my total, so it must have been someone else, as I only reported on this forum.)

Can't be right...when I reported 1.5" earlier this morning (which ended up being 2" total) I was told it was the lowest report in all of SNE. No way anyone else in CT could've received <3".

I posted this last night, cannot remember if I deleted it, or if it got deleted in the melee. I think the idea particularly down here was spot on, right to the exit numbers.

Cape Cod - Dusting to 3". It's going to change quickly unless the track changes at 0z. If the precip sneaks in fast enough great, if not, won't be much different than yesterday.

Canal up to about exit 5 rte 3 1-3"

Canal back to about a point due SW of exit 5 along/just north of 195, 1-3" and running to about the coast of RI/MA. (edit per the maps it made it 3-5 miles north, exit 7)

-- The above may change if the speed continues to increase which will nudge everything east some but also probably trick down QPF. May not matter much. *this area will end up being tweaked later. So far every storm has busted warmer, which is why I'm being conservative and leaning worst case.

Everywhere else 3-6/4-8. It looks like a pretty widespread .25 to .5" QPF from west to east with some orographic enhancement

Clearing up here--a few random flakes. We have a little more than six inches of snow from this storm, I'd say.

I have been a regular lurker here and at Eastern for several years; I post very rarely because I know nothing about the weather other than the fact that I enjoy big storms. I've never met anybody here, and I apologize for intruding in on the conversation--I imagine it might feel like a complete stranger plunking herself down at the dinner table and asking for a helping of food. But there's a pretty sizable silent audience out here on the Interwebs, so I thought it might be helpful to hear from somebody out in the ether.

For what it's worth, the weenie-chucking talk is funny and harmless for me, and I lack aforementioned implement.

What is irritating is the sniping back and forth between two or three posters that goes on far longer than necessary and ultimately makes all parties involved sound silly. There are probably valid issues here, but posting the same opinion repeatedly doesn't really change anything. The issue get lost in the noise and makes it unpleasant for everybody, even us invisible folks.

okay, fading away again.

I'm sure everyone is aware that we got nothing but rain after a couple mangled flakes overnight. :whistle:

Seeing pavement for the first time now here in biddeford. Roads werr horribly icy for a time there. I think a place like yarmouth is getting close to that foot

I'm looking at storm reports, but so many of them are from early this morning. 2.3" in Portland at 8:00, but we've been totally ripping since then, so I'll bet PWM reports something near 8" (I hope - it helps my verification. lol). Further up the coast you go it'll be heavier, so you may be right about Yarmouth.

I don't disagree with that but do you really think the rape mentions, dic*s, as*es and everything else that goes on in these threads belongs? Do you think Turtle or Dylan or anyone else wants to see a thread of storm thoughts/observations where terms like that are tossed around? PC can go to far, but we've crossed some lines lately on civility for what is a very intelligent group of people. The stated forum rules are:No personal attacks/OT arguing

Try to stay on topic , Attack the idea, not the poster, Spell out your forecast/thinking/opposing viewpoint clearly

, no foul language.... so why are the few allowed to constantly go outside those lines? (Im doing it now OT but storm is largely over) Why when things get heated do people start asking about peoples personal lives and jobs and why is that tolerated like what happened to me last week? For you it may be different, your website in your signature gives you a place to spell out all your thoughts and ideas, most of us dont have that and do it here and always have.

And like I said after the blizzard, someone would ride it and bust on the snowy side. Likewise, just like I did pre blizzard...someone will ignore something and go against it next time and bust. The great thing about being totally inconsistent is there is no pattern. It's just as likely to nail this next one as miss it totally.

--

Very light snow now, mainly just flurries.

Maybe you can't see this..but the probelm in our threads is you. And trust me there is vast, vast agreement out there on that. i would suggest either sticking to the weather and not your blathering opinionated bull sh it..or leaving the board for good.

I'm liking it. We were at the low end for the region during the post Christmas blizzard, but that was as much because of ratios as anything and that snow is still present as the bottom few inches of icy base in our snowpack. We've been doing a lot better since then. The 1/12 storm was one of the best we've had in the past 15 years; I even liked this one better than 12/09. I haven''t done a core, but between the snowfall and rain that has soaked in, there is a lot of water in the current snowpack...more normal for somewhere well inland and north of here. I may sample it tonight or tomorrow just to see.

I've noticed that you have been cleaning up too.

:thumbsup:

You "old folk" must be loving this. (Steve, Jerry, etc...) Days of old.

Maybe you can't see this..but the probelm in our threads is you. And trust me there is vast, vast agreement out there on that. i would suggest either sticking to the weather and not your blathering opinionated bull sh it..or leaving the board for good.

Very crappy of you, Blizzy. You sure can be a dink.

Vim Toot!

I thought the CF would at least hang around for an hour or two, but it stayed about 7 miles to my se.

yeah i kinda thought you might have some hvy wet snow for a bit and maybe even shut down a bit earlier than ray.

either way. nice snow pack refresher. it's going to be like the arctic around parts of SNE later this weekend.

Archived